PDA

View Full Version : Filling ballast engine stalled, 2007 lsv

Patrick Sedlak
05-12-2017, 11:06 PM
Was on the lake today and filling up my ballast bags, ski locker & 2 rear. Boat stalled, so I gave it a little more gas while in neutral and it worked fine. Any thoughts on the cause? Idle to low, batteries? Thanks guys.

patrick232
05-13-2017, 07:14 AM
Voltage drop?

moombahighrider
05-13-2017, 07:43 AM
I have been told that it is is best to not fill ballast while just idling, but I never found it to be an issue on my 08 lsv, but could be a thing for you. Can't speak for the new boat just yet.

mmandley
05-13-2017, 07:59 AM
If you have to give the boat gas (raise the throttle) to keep it running when filling ballast, that's a problem.

On an 07 LSV your using old sprinkler valve system. It's 1 pump.

You have other issues.

Check your battery, of is low it will demand a lot from the alternator causing engine draw. ( not my first choice)

When is the last time you changed fuel filter, plus, wires, cap and rotor?

Sounds like the engine is struggling to idle.

You should never have to rev the engine to idle in a fuel injected engine like that.

Pay attention to your normal idle, is it ruff, slow, missing once in a while? Those are all symptoms.

Patrick Sedlak
05-13-2017, 12:16 PM
I just bought the boat from a dealer (not a Moomba dealer) who said "it's ready for another season on the water"? Not sure when the fuel filter, plugs, cap & rotor were changed last? It does seem to run a little slow at idle/struggling a little. I wouldn't' say it's missing. I did ask the dealer and they said try to run a higher octane gas, which only seems like it will make the engine run hotter. I'd like to get this fixed before I have a boat full of people and have it stall. Are the filter, plugs, cap & rotor an expensive fix? I will, check the battery charge as well. Thanks for your comments.