PDA

View Full Version : Digital Cruise way off

JHCMondo
05-11-2017, 10:50 PM
I have a 2016 Mondo and last year the digital cruise only needed a .5mph offset to match a garmin gps.

This spring i had a defective transom radio remote and the depth sounder replaced.

Now on the first cruise this year the speedo is 7.5mph off compared to the Garmin GPS. The speedo can only be offset by a maximum of +5.1mph so when i set the cruise to 10mph it's actually going 12.4mph.

Is there a way to recalibrate the speedo?

Thanks,
James

jstenger
05-12-2017, 11:28 AM
There is a silver knob under the dash by the switches. It is used to calibrate the speedometer. It probably got bumped or messed with when things were getting rewired.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

JHCMondo
05-12-2017, 12:37 PM
There is a silver knob under the dash by the switches. It is used to calibrate the speedometer. It probably got bumped or messed with when things were getting rewired.

Awesome! Thanks for the advice I think you may have saved me the hassle of trailering it to the dealer.

I'll check it out tonight.

Do you mean the swtiches to the left or right of the steering wheel?

Thanks again!

James

jstenger
05-12-2017, 02:08 PM
Not sure which side on the newer boats.

mikenehrkorn
05-12-2017, 02:25 PM
In my '13 OBV it's to the left of the steering wheel when sitting in the drivers seat.

JD14Mondo
05-12-2017, 03:36 PM
Don't know about 16 model but on mine that is to calibrate the analog gauge. Digital you use the paddlewheel offset.

JHCMondo
05-12-2017, 04:03 PM
Don't know about 16 model but on mine that is to calibrate the analog gauge. Digital you use the paddlewheel offset.

argh no such dial.

When they replace the triducer because of the faulty depth reading the new triducer had a faulty speedometer ... argh...2 faulty triducers in a row! Hopefully not a sign of the quality of the boat.