PDA

View Full Version : 2007 LSV Trailer Jack

Patrick Sedlak
05-09-2017, 10:19 PM
I have a 2007 LSV and was wondering if others are able to crank their trailer jack up high enough to get the water in the ski locker and bilge to empty out of the rear drain plug.

chawkphil
05-09-2017, 11:45 PM
Mine won't go high enough for that. I have a sloped driveway so I have to nose the truck into the garage with the boat hooked up to get enough incline to drain all the water

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

twkoehn
05-09-2017, 11:49 PM
I have never gotten any water to drain out of my drain plug. When we first got the boat, I even pulled the plug out while still on the ramp for a severe slope and didn't get any water out that way either. I mentioned it to my dealer and he told me it's a flaw in the design of this model boat. Apparently the drain plug sits above a shelf in the back of the boat. Because of this, it's not the lowest point or even close to the lowest point in the boat. Hopefully somebody else can confirm this or has better knowledge of our model boat than I do but again, that's what my dealer told me.

kaneboats
05-10-2017, 06:42 AM
Yea, there is no use even pulling the drain plug unless your boat is going to sit where rainwater can get in. I always seem to have a little water down there so I add soap/simple green to my bilge to keep it from getting too bad. Kinda self cleaning when you do that.

Patrick Sedlak
05-10-2017, 06:52 AM
Thanks for the reply guys. Simple green is a good idea. So you just don't worry about a little bit of water in the bilge/ski locker then? Is it worth trying to get the residual water out w/a towel?

lee
05-10-2017, 07:22 AM
Thanks for the reply guys. Simple green is a good idea. So you just don't worry about a little bit of water in the bilge/ski locker then? Is it worth trying to get the residual water out w/a towel?

You can get out like that if you want but it will get replaced on your next trip out.

_fng_
05-10-2017, 07:31 AM

I use aahopvac to get the carpet as dry as possible then I do the same with the bilge. It's not necessary but makes me sleep well at night.

kaneboats
05-10-2017, 07:58 AM
It's so hot in my garage in the summertime most of it evaporates anyway. I'll shop vac out from time to time if I have to do anything in there.

Patrick Sedlak
05-10-2017, 08:36 AM
With your boat on a slope, you can get the water out? Thanks

chawkphil
05-10-2017, 10:31 AM
With your boat on a slope, you can get the water out? Thanks
Not all of it. But I can get enough out that a shop vac and a towel make quick work of the rest. Had to do it when I did the wakemakers pump upgrade so the sealant for the thru-hulls would dry properly.

Makes sense that there's some kind of shelf in the bottom of the boat that doesn't allow water to get to the drain plug. I never get any out of the plug when I pull it on the ramp and there's always a bit in the bottom of the boat. I like the simple green idea too [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

gregski
05-10-2017, 11:01 AM
...and then when you cut an access hole in the center locker, you'll find a whole new stash of trapped water. This might be the flaw referred to above, I wouldn't call it a shelf so much as a bulkhead that has a few ways for water to get in but not out. Otherwise I don't think that the transom plug location or hull design is flawed or significantly different than any other inboard that I've seen.

996scott
05-10-2017, 02:26 PM
the only way to get ALL the water out of my 07LSV is to grab my small shop vac and suck it out. No matter how steep the ramp or driveway is it won't all come out. Definitely a design flaw for sure. I don't like to have any water in the engine compartment over an extended period of time because from what I have read the steering cable will start to corrode and you will have to replace it.