PDA

View Full Version : Newbie ballast question for 2014 MONDO

bjrow
05-06-2017, 11:50 PM
OK so seasons all over here and was looking at upgrading our rear ballast bags.
We had fun all getting up and surfing with the stock ballast but a bit more wouldn't hurt.
I cannot figure out what size bags we have, the specs on the internet say 650lbs each side but the bags measure 10h x 18w x 40l inches as best as I can measure. Would appreciate any insight as to these, don't want to sink the boat by weighting it too much but would hate to buy something that ends up being the same we have already as well.
Cheers BruceR, Melb AUS.

Stazi
05-07-2017, 07:21 AM
Get the 1100's. you won't sink the boat. Not even close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

s281cheddar
05-07-2017, 09:37 AM
I'm running the 1100s in a Helix, no problem with room to spare!

bjrow
05-09-2017, 12:00 AM
Thanks for the replies.
Had a look around here in OZ but not much on offer, will see about a "live chat" with Wakemakers over there and see what they have to say.
There are a few sacs around to put on seats etc but we bought the Mondo for a bit of space so we could spread out, will look at the locker ballast upgrade as a more desirable option. Hope for something that already has the quick fit connectors on it or am I expecting too much?
Cheers BruceR, Melb AUS.

Stazi
05-09-2017, 12:09 AM
What's the question exactly? Anyway if you're running the stock 650lb bags in the back, definitely upgrade those to 1100's. BTW my BIL in Perth has a center mount Matrix. He's the one that got me hooked on wakeboarding. Cheers from MI.

bjrow
05-09-2017, 12:26 AM
Hey Stazi must be getting late there??
Well the bags I have are the std ones for 2014, they measure seam to seam 10h x 18w x 40 inches long (+/-) so I have no idea what's in there. I can't see that they are 650lb bags at all, the maths just doesn't add up.
Just looking for something I can retro fit really easily as an upgrade. We all enjoyed first time surfing before the season ended, a bit more weight may help this old guy to get moving on the board a bit more...........
Wakemakers seem to have a "plug and play" option that sounds easy so will need to talk to them at some point.
Had a look at the Matrix (dealer about 1hr away), certainly nice boats but more than pleased we went the Mondo, older daughter is getting into wakeboarding a little and quite enjoys it, no pro at all but loves carving and popping over the wake. Have to get her to try jumping wake to wake next season, but I digress.......
Cheers BruceR, Melb AUS.

Stazi
05-09-2017, 11:52 AM
Those bags are tiny. 260lbs each. You can definitely step up to MUCH larger bags. If you want. Shoot me a PM I have some brand new 650's I am looking to sell as I went to 1100lb bags in my Craz. That's if you don't want to go balls out and get 1100's yourself. They will plug right into your Monda. Only thing is shipping may be crazy.

bjrow
05-09-2017, 06:49 PM
Cheers mate, PM sent.