PDA

View Full Version : ski rope

freyse
08-04-2006, 04:10 PM
Wondering if anyone or everyone uses the nonstretch rope for skiing was told used mainly for wakeboarding . So should I drop a few bucks for nonstretch or is it really worth it mostly ski but starting to wakeboard now.

Buttafewcoe
08-04-2006, 05:31 PM
:?

smokedog2
08-25-2006, 08:51 AM
so do they:p

BensonWdby
08-27-2006, 11:44 PM
Have never used a non-strecth. The only thing I would suggest is that if you ever plan on skiing in torunaments, look into what they use at most tournaments. Buy that and get used to it. I think Masterline is pretty common on the tournament circuit. The AWSA or USWSA should be able to provide the right specs reagarding tournament ropes.

I have skied on a lot of different ropes over the years, and ropes that people have said are really springy have never really bothered me. Personally - I have enough defects in my skiing I am not sure I am ready to add another variable (or would that be a non-variable?)

It might be interesting to try.

Dave

barefooterh2o
11-04-2006, 02:24 AM
I do the slalom course and I prefer the non stretch or low stretch rope. It's whatever you get use to. I ended up making my own non stretch rope and partition it at 15', 22', 28' off. You have to include the 5' handle.