PDA

View Full Version : New moomba

homesightings
06-08-2003, 03:01 PM
:) I'm thinking about buying a moomba, but a few questions:

1. Is the 310 hp indmar sufficient or do you recommend upgrading to the more hp motors?

2. The closest dealer is 2 hours away in Norman, Oklahoma, which is south of Oklahoma City. I live in Tulsa. Is there another dealer (maybe different manufacturer, even) or a shop that can do warranty work on the moomba's around Tulsa?

Thanks,

Orlando

gavin744
06-08-2003, 03:45 PM
When we bought our Moomba, we searched for the closet dealer to us (we live in Eufaula, OK) and it was Norris Marine in Norman. There is a dealership in Dallas and one in Arkansas. I am not sure about anyone else that would be able to do the service on the boat. It is a hassle to take the boat to Norman when you need it worked on, but I feel much better taking it there, then to another marine shop that isn't familiar with V drives. We worked with Tyler H. at Norris Marine and he is a great guy! Good luck, and if your ever in Eufuala with your Moomba maybe we could ride together.

CWS_Kahuna
06-09-2003, 03:42 PM
The 310 HP motor has plenty of power. If you are ok with going carburated it is a fine choice. I have had 9 people in my boat (6 adults - 3 children) with about 1200 LBS of ballast and all was well. I have a 2001 Mobius running a Cutter 13 x 13½ SS prop. I will probably go with fuel injected next time though cause I think in general it is better for resale.

Goodluck with your purchase.

db7
06-09-2003, 06:23 PM
When I ordered my 03 Mobius I got the 310hp (carb) after talking with some people that have had carb boats they suggested that I get fuel injected (and I did). easier starts, better fuel economy, more power, and at different elevations the fuel inj. engine will run much better.
Just my 2 cents

iparky
06-09-2003, 08:01 PM
Carbs are on the way out! Go injection. Many lakes in California will outlaw carb. boats with in the next few years. As everyone is aware what happens in California will trickle down to other states eventually. Plus the added power and and other FI advantages are worth the upgrade. MPI is the best thats why the added power.

TheBeeZ
06-10-2003, 09:17 AM
Injection is worth the money. You will have less problems, eaiser starts, etc... Throddle body technology has been around for awhile and they have worked the bugs out of it. The MPI is also excellent.