PDA

View Full Version : New fly high bags....

s281cheddar
04-20-2017, 12:58 PM
So I just ordered the 1100 pound Ballast bags for my new moomba, I did a search and can't seem to figure it out. My new bags claim to be a direct replacement for the OEM connectors, but from pics it doesn't appear that the new bags have fittings on them. Do these normally ship with fittings? Can I remove the ones from my stock 650 bags? Any info would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kaneboats
04-20-2017, 01:07 PM
You can remove the ones on the stock pags and screw them into the new ones. A little pipe thread tape is recommended. Enjoy the MOOMBA!

s281cheddar
04-20-2017, 01:09 PM
Are they like epoxied on? I swear they are impossible to get off. Or do I just have girly hands???? Lol

2016 Intense Green Moomba Helix
Fly High Ballast Bags (2,700LBS Total)

kaneboats
04-20-2017, 01:12 PM
It's just a little rubber cement. Wakemakers used to have a video on how to get them out with a little heat:

https://www.wakemakers.com/resources/how-to-remove-fittings-cemented-into-fly-high-ballast-bags/

Just be careful you don't destroy the old bag. Or, you can order new ones for a couple of bucks.

EDIT: Here is the new location of the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ma4AqkS42HA

ghebert1111
04-20-2017, 01:24 PM
Are they like epoxied on? I swear they are impossible to get off. Or do I just have girly hands???? Lol

I just did this yesterday afternoon. I wrapped the fitting in a couple of turns of electrical tape, got a pair of vise grips and my wife's hair drier. I used the hair dryer for 2 minutes on each fitting and then used the vise grip and it came loose. As stated before, be very careful to not damage the bag or the fitting on the bag.

jmvotto
04-20-2017, 01:46 PM
it works ,

you just have to be patient

BigOrange
04-20-2017, 01:51 PM
Hey Cheddar, I've mentioned in another thread somewhere that I believe I got douped by the dealer who sold me the Mojo last fall that rear bags had been upgraded to the 1100s. I finally got around to measuring since my audio project is complete and they are like 18x18x48, as best I can measure without them being full. Seeing the dimensions given by many on the thread of 1100s, I doubt these come close. The are solid black and have no other ID except Fly High, Made in the USA. Can you compare to your 650s to help ID what bags I have?

Stazi
04-20-2017, 01:57 PM
Those sound like the stock 650 bags. I would definitely take this up with your dealer and have him swap them out for the 1100 bags you paid for

ghebert1111
04-20-2017, 02:32 PM
it works ,

you just have to be patient

Patience, yes. I tried using the hair dryer at first for only 30 seconds and was going to give up. Then I set a timer for 2 minutes and heated for the full 2 minutes and off they came.

s281cheddar
04-21-2017, 12:02 AM
Hey Cheddar, I've mentioned in another thread somewhere that I believe I got douped by the dealer who sold me the Mojo last fall that rear bags had been upgraded to the 1100s. I finally got around to measuring since my audio project is complete and they are like 18x18x48, as best I can measure without them being full. Seeing the dimensions given by many on the thread of 1100s, I doubt these come close. The are solid black and have no other ID except Fly High, Made in the USA. Can you compare to your 650s to help ID what bags I have?

That sounds exactly like what I have now. I will post a pic and try to get the dimensions in the AM. I will def have to try a bit longer I guess cause I pretty much just gave up today trying to get them off. Is there any place that could use the extra bags if I just went ahead an ordered new fittings??? Is there a specific fitting I need??? I see these high flow ones but it says they are for Malibu. Thanks guys!

mattsask
04-21-2017, 09:12 AM
Sounds like dealer installed the wrond bags. If they still have the connector for the tie town strap on the floor, then they haven't been replaced at all.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

s281cheddar
04-21-2017, 09:19 AM
Sounds like dealer installed the wrond bags. If they still have the connector for the tie town strap on the floor, then they haven't been replaced at all.

Ewwwwwwww, mine def had those. I was thinking when I removed the bags that maybe I indeed had bigger bags from the factory, and was like maybe I didn't need to order the 1100. But after all I'm hearing it's sounding more and more like they were just the little 650s. This is my first surf boat owning (not on) so I'm still getting the hang of it.

Stazi
04-21-2017, 09:56 AM
Call the dealer and complain!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BigOrange
04-21-2017, 09:59 AM

Oh yeah....I definitely have the little bungee tie down still across the aft end. That stinks! It was a one year used Mojo and I picked up at dealer over 3 hours from my house so its not like I can put local pressure on them. I will at least give them a call.

Stazi
04-21-2017, 10:01 AM
Do you have paperwork that shows you paid for 1100's ? If so they can't back out of the deal as those bags with the tiedown bungee strap are only available from the factory. You cannot buy those from an aftermarket dealer, so they can make up whatever story they like but the fact is that they did not change the bags, if you paid for them.

mattsask
04-21-2017, 10:15 AM
Oh yeah....I definitely have the little bungee tie down still across the aft end. That stinks! It was a one year used Mojo and I picked up at dealer over 3 hours from my house so its not like I can put local pressure on them. I will at least give them a call.
You spent enough money that you shouldn't have to apply "local pressure". My dealer totally dropped the ball in the fall when they had the boat to do warranty work for almost 2 months. They are driving 600 km round trip to pick it up on Sunday and bringing it back to me again in 2 weeks. The reality is, it's the dealers mistake, the customer shouldn't have to pay for it. Or in your case, pay for 1100's twice.

jbauer
04-24-2017, 10:07 AM
Do you have the Fly High part numbers that you ordered as i have not been able to find the 1,100 bags?

Stazi
04-24-2017, 10:41 AM
https://www.wakemakers.com/fly-high-jumbo-surf-sac.html

BigOrange
04-24-2017, 11:52 AM
^^^^

If I order these (wakemakers Fly High) will I need to order different or extra fittings, and or extra supply or drain tubing. The drain is a pretty short stub right at the stern. Also, is everyone getting the check valve? I assume that is for the vent slot and should help out? Thanks.

DFTR Josh
04-24-2017, 12:02 PM
Sounds like a simple mistake and I bet they're more then willing to help you out.

mattsask
04-24-2017, 01:21 PM
Man. You already paid for them once. Just go to the dealer and don't leave until you get the some resolution. I wouldn't let that slide.

BigOrange
04-24-2017, 04:03 PM
Yeah agree.....I just thought I'd get the skinny on exactly what I need before talking to them about it....hence the questions in the post previously....

s281cheddar
04-24-2017, 04:15 PM
^^^^

If I order these (wakemakers Fly High) will I need to order different or extra fittings, and or extra supply or drain tubing. The drain is a pretty short stub right at the stern. Also, is everyone getting the check valve? I assume that is for the vent slot and should help out? Thanks.

So everyone says you can heat up the old fittings, but I had a no luck so I just bought replacement fittings. I also have no clue on a check valve. Do we need one???

BigOrange
04-24-2017, 05:05 PM
The bags from wakemakers as ordered will not come with correct fittings? It says they are drop in replacement for Supra/Moomba.

Stazi
04-24-2017, 08:44 PM
^^^^

All you need is the quick disconnect flo-rite 1" fittings. 2 per bag. One for the fill/drain and one for the vent. I doubt you will need check valves.

s281cheddar
04-24-2017, 09:36 PM
The bags from wakemakers as ordered will not come with correct fittings? It says they are drop in replacement for Supra/Moomba.

I ordered these a few days ago from wakemakers and read the same. I also did order the fittings a few days later, that are being shipped separately. I'll let you know exactly what I get tomorrow.

s281cheddar
04-25-2017, 06:04 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170425/e037fbfe981b19c5f930dc032eae2387.jpg

So that's all they come with. Looks just like the plugs.

lsvboombox
08-07-2017, 08:00 AM
So everyone says you can heat up the old fittings, but I had a no luck so I just bought replacement fittings. I also have no clue on a check valve. Do we need one???

check valves will make your bags drain just about bone dry.. the only question do they craz have a plastic center tank? not sure if the check valve is good for plastic tanks

Stazi
08-07-2017, 08:18 AM
You cannot put a check valve on the center or front bow bag on the Craz due to the tank. I put the check valves on my rear bags though and it really helps them empty completely.

lsvboombox
08-07-2017, 08:33 AM
You cannot put a check valve on the center or front bow bag on the Craz due to the tank. I put the check valves on my rear bags though and it really helps them empty completely.

thx..

hey did your buddy buy my old boat? red lsv in PA. i think we may have met... i was boatless since then.... finally got back on the scene

Stazi
08-07-2017, 09:20 AM
thx..

hey did your buddy buy my old boat? red lsv in PA. i think we may have met... i was boatless since then.... finally got back on the scene

Yes, that's my good buddy Chris aka MichiganMoomba, he still has it and we evolved it into a real surf monster!

DFTR Josh
04-27-2018, 09:58 PM
To revive an old thread and so glad I found it. I had zero problem heating up the fittings and bending them out to replace with new ones. 10 minutes with the blow dryer on low but high heat and about 1 minute to put pressure on the fitting and POP. Just like the video, quick and easy, filled the bag FULL just to make sure everything was good for the boat.

DFTR Josh
04-27-2018, 10:00 PM
The new 650 nose bag is ready for business.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180428/869984e1b339bfeae4626a32d485e237.jpg

DFTR Josh
Moomba/Supra
www.marine-products.com
(Discount code: DFTR)

loc82
04-27-2018, 10:55 PM
The new 650 nose bag is ready for business.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180428/869984e1b339bfeae4626a32d485e237.jpg

DFTR Josh
Moomba/Supra
www.marine-products.com

Do you have dimensions for those 650's

DFTR Josh
04-27-2018, 11:48 PM
Do you have dimensions for those 650's

I think I read 44x20x18

DFTR Josh
Moomba/Supra
www.marine-products.com

loc82
04-28-2018, 07:11 AM
Cool thanks. That's for the stock 650 bags right?

DFTR Josh
04-28-2018, 10:33 AM
Cool thanks. That's for the stock 650 bags right?
That is correct.