PDA

View Full Version : Annual maintenance

Jmorton
04-19-2017, 05:10 PM
First time Moomba owner here opening up my boat for the season. I have a 2004 Mobius XLV I purchased right at the end of the season last year. Aside from changing oil, what annual maintenance, checks, etc do I need to perform before putting in for the first time?

msnellgrove213
04-20-2017, 02:34 PM
First time Moomba owner here opening up my boat for the season. I have a 2004 Mobius XLV I purchased right at the end of the season last year. Aside from changing oil, what annual maintenance, checks, etc do I need to perform before putting in for the first time?

Start with the things on the maintenance list in your manual. If you don't have one you can download it here:

https://www.moomba.com/resources/downloads

So, at least, change all fluids, impeller and do an engine alignment for starters.

I asked the question for my 2003 Moomba Outback sitting in the same boat. The only thing I still have a question about now is if there a service manual to show you exactly to spec on how it's suppose to be done. Of course I talked to my local dealer and they don't want you to have one so they get your business.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

trayson
04-20-2017, 04:10 PM
I asked the question for my 2003 Moomba Outback sitting in the same boat. The only thing I still have a question about now is if there a service manual to show you exactly to spec on how it's suppose to be done. Of course I talked to my local dealer and they don't want you to have one so they get your business.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm not aware of one. However, with some questions to the forum and some searching you can find out. For example, I found the procedure for checking tranny fluid level from Larry the Engine Guy (Indmar) and followed that procedure. I know tranny is when it's up to temp and on the water and you check the fluid right after turning it off.

My advice is that if you do top off your fluids and the procedure calls for it to be done with the engine hot, then after you're done and everything's cooled down and you're on the trailer--mark the "trailer/cold" level so you can repeat the process in a much easier environment.