PDA

View Full Version : Identify wire please

BigOrange
04-09-2017, 09:40 PM
After getting my amp rack back in for the reinstall, I have one wire coming over with the others from the head unit that I can't figure out or remember what it is. It's yellow and black striped. It had to be hooked with the old amp somehow because it didn't have a ring terminal for the distro block.

Is this a ground that needs hooked up?

BigOrange
04-10-2017, 10:47 AM
I should mention that this is from 2016 Mojo, Fusion Head Unit that had the factory Kicker 200.2 amp running the towers.

BigOrange
04-10-2017, 04:33 PM
Bump......Dusty, MLA, TruKaotik, BrettLee, any of you all have some insight. Just want to be sure before powering up and harming something. I should note that its black with yellow stripe, not the other way around. Some poking around on the net lends to a kill switch wire, but again, I'm not sure why that wouldn't have been grounded elsewhere? Is that something that Moomba would have done is just jam that in at the amp ground location for convenience?

smorris7
04-10-2017, 04:34 PM
Is it the remote turn on wire for the amp?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigOrange
04-10-2017, 04:50 PM
No, at least I assume. I have the blue and white stripe coming there in the same location that is the standard convention for the amp remote turn-on.

smorris7
04-10-2017, 05:36 PM
No, at least I assume. I have the blue and white stripe coming there in the same location that is the standard convention for the amp remote turn-on.

Not sure what else it could be. 12 volt power, Ground and remote are all the connect to the amp on the power side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mattsask
04-10-2017, 05:58 PM
Yes, it's the ground for your head unit. I just went through this the other day. My head unit wouldn't turn on because I didn't reconnect that ground. I traces the wire back to the HU, where it was labeled "ground"

BigOrange
04-10-2017, 06:28 PM
Yes, it's the ground for your head unit. I just went through this the other day. My head unit wouldn't turn on because I didn't reconnect that ground. I traces the wire back to the HU, where it was labeled "ground"

Great, thanks!

TrueKaotik
04-10-2017, 07:56 PM
Sorry... I havnt ran into a yellow/black but they do run a ground over since late 15' for noise.. mine have all been black, if it was a dealer fix, they used what they had..