PDA

View Full Version : New exiles coming

Birdman
04-08-2017, 12:38 AM
So just ordered up a new set of xm9's pretty jacked for the summer got a question though I'm replacing the existing Roswell 6" and they have a plug end on the tower wire I don't really want to replace the wiring right back to the amp and I recollect there being more than two wires can I just cut the plug off and hook the exiles up? Once knowing positive and negative of course and also is there extra wires or was I just dreaming if so what are they for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mattsask
04-08-2017, 12:54 AM
So just ordered up a new set of xm9's pretty jacked for the summer got a question though I'm replacing the existing Roswell 6" and they have a plug end on the tower wire I don't really want to replace the wiring right back to the amp and I recollect there being more than two wires can I just cut the plug off and hook the exiles up? Once knowing positive and negative of course and also is there extra wires or was I just dreaming if so what are they for?

Give that wire a tug. There are just 2 wires running through the tower. For some reason it splices to 4 wires about 10 inches before the end. There should be plenty of wire stuffed in the tower to get your new speakers wired up.

Birdman
04-08-2017, 01:04 AM
Thanks man just gotta wait for about four feet of ice to melt now to be able to use them

kaneboats
04-10-2017, 02:05 PM
Congrats on the upgrade. You will love them. Post some pics after your install.

nelswhytry
05-08-2017, 10:46 AM
Did you get the speakers installed? How did it go? I will be doing mine this week and looking for any tips and pictures you have.
Thanks!

wiegs1
05-08-2017, 07:21 PM
I replaced the factory Roswell speakers with kicker and it was pretty easy to pull everything out and put a better quality 14ga speaker wire. I and going to use the power wires to power the led in the speakers