PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Gauge Reading Issue

Helixer
04-04-2017, 03:59 PM
First time here, I searched for this problem throughout the forum to make sure this was not already a thread but no luck so I hope I didnt miss it.
I recently purchased a new 16' Helix (new color screen display). First time out last weekend, minus the initial dealer demo. The tank was full or at least close. Filled up prior and gauge showed full. After about 20 minutes of riding I first noticed the fuel gauge display would show full for around 5-7 seconds then display empty 5-7 seconds, then back to full, so on and so on. It could have been doing this the entire time I was out I just wasnt looking at the screen. This continued throughout the day. No matter if we were riding or floating. Tried restarting, battery on and off, etc. Same thing. But the 5-7 seconds is consistent. I wouldnt think this would be normal? I spoke to a couple people with the dealer and they have not seen this issue reported yet.
I'm just curious if anyone has seen or heard of this. Anything I should try before making the trip to the dealer to get it check out. The fuel gauge is kind of the one most gauge I want to work correctly.
Thanks for any input.

kaneboats
04-05-2017, 10:29 AM
Sounds like intermittent ground to me. Bad connection?

Willyourun
10-25-2018, 02:46 PM
I’m having the same issue on my 16 Helix and the dealer is at a loss. Where you able to fix your’s?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LAwake
10-25-2018, 07:43 PM
17 Helix, same issues here, since I got it in April. Haven't had it back at the dealer since it is over 2 hours away and I did not want to be without my boat during the summer. I just really paid attention to how much and how long we rode each trip. I'd be curious if others have had this same issue.

Willyourun
10-29-2018, 07:02 PM
Anyone have any insight?

Willyourun
05-19-2019, 07:42 PM
I still have this issue. Wondering if anyone found a cause?