PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations for securing seats and bimini question

coneslager
04-02-2017, 11:16 PM
Just got a new Mondo. Noticed that only the back seat cushions have straps to attach? Should I be concerned about other cushions flying out while towing with no cover?

Also have a aviator tower and bimini top. Probably missing something but sales guy said to remove bimini each time for towing. Gotta be a way to fold and secure to the tower. Noticed some lower mounts on the tower, was wondering if that was part of the solution.

TIA

BrettLee3232
04-03-2017, 03:06 AM
Just got a new Mondo. Noticed that only the back seat cushions have straps to attach? Should I be concerned about other cushions flying out while towing with no cover?

Also have a aviator tower and bimini top. Probably missing something but sales guy said to remove bimini each time for towing. Gotta be a way to fold and secure to the tower. Noticed some lower mounts on the tower, was wondering if that was part of the solution.

TIA

Your bikini didn't come with a sleeve to fold it into & tie up when your towing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JD14Mondo
04-03-2017, 08:11 AM
Never have a problem with side or front cushions moving while towing. Almost lost back ones on the way home from dealer when I picked up the boat. Always strap those while towing.

coneslager
04-03-2017, 09:26 AM
I found the cover, but in the current positions there is now way to secure. Wondering now if I put the main poles in the lower mounts.

bluice311
04-03-2017, 10:25 AM
You say new Mondo, but what year? They changed the bimini mount on the new models (2017) but the previous aviator bimini does have separate mounts for storing/towing (lower mount) and for opening/using (upper mount). Our dealer walked us through the process as it does take a few times to get used to it and it definitely helps to have a second pair of hands. Here are some pics of my 2015 Aviator Bimini.

As for the seats, similar to what other people have said, the only issue we had was one time with the rear cushions not being strapped and almost coming out. The other cushions have never moved out of place "knock on wood"

coneslager
04-03-2017, 10:37 AM
You are awesome....that's it! Its is a new 15 that had not be sold, purchased over the winter and just picked it up. Was wondering about the those lower mounts!!!

Thanks

DFTR Josh
04-04-2017, 09:41 AM
Noticed that only the back seat cushions have straps to attach? Should I be concerned about other cushions flying out while towing with no cover?

I've only had problems with the bow filler cushion. I always stash that one under the helm with the booster seat on top of it.

klemmy
06-11-2017, 11:04 AM
What are the two black straps at the front of the bimini for ? I put the top up and they are just hanging down.

That Guy
06-11-2017, 03:34 PM
Pretty sure you hook them onto something next to the windshield. At least that's how it looks in pictures.

Crane man
06-11-2017, 07:32 PM
The straps go to the front cleats. ZI have never used them and was head on in 20mph wind today doing 25 mph. I cut mine off after second time out.