PDA

View Full Version : 03 moomba setup guidamce

stx.dead.I
04-01-2017, 01:59 PM
I recently got an 03 moomba mobius with the gravity II system I believe. Looking to start wakesurfing behind it soon and want to get started in the right direction.

First thing is the wake: I'm sure we will have to add some ballast in it to help, right now it has one in each locker and one in the center. I plan on trying some stuff with ice chests for now to see if I can get in the ballpark cause I'd really like to be able to avoid having sacs sitting on the boat in the open.

I'm sure I'll also need a shaper like the suck g8 but haven't had the time to make one yet.

Also we have the Standard tower and I'd like to know what tower rack or rig yall would suggest for surf racks to go on top of the tower.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170401/40849f3c9900e29e5db84740bd441b40.jpg

JasonInAustin
04-02-2017, 06:31 PM
I've got an 05, so same boat.
My setup
750 each rear corner
400 on surf side seat
400 in the walkway
750 in the bow, that I fill to an estimated 600
Factory ski locker bag full
Suckgate

It's a lot of weight, but the wake is massive. ...as well, I typically surf with myself and just one or two buddies, and will adjust weight for any variable.

JasonInAustin
04-02-2017, 06:33 PM
Nice looking boat, btw. Congratulations. I love mine, but I hate having to weight it so much, so I'm looking at s new one now, leaning towards a Helix.

stx.dead.I
04-02-2017, 06:33 PM
I've got an 05, so same boat.
My setup
750 each rear corner
400 on surf side seat
400 in the walkway
750 in the bow, that I fill to an estimated 600
Factory ski locker bag full
Suckgate

It's a lot of weight, but the wake is massive. ...as well, I typically surf with myself and just one or two buddies, and will adjust weight for any variable.
What kind of bags do you use? Did you upgrade you ballast pump hardware kit? I'm completely new to the specialized industry. I grew up behind a blazer bay center console bay boat and we would fill up the live wells and 55 gallon ice chest and be done with it haha

stx.dead.I
04-02-2017, 06:34 PM
This one was bought like 4 months ago and is in like new condition with twenty something hours on the engine

JasonInAustin
04-02-2017, 06:51 PM
Damn, that's a brand new boat! I'm at 600 or so, and my upholstery is showing its age, but is still an amazing boat. If I keep it, I'll redo the seats.
I've got fly high sacs and use external pumps, since they're fast and I'm not sure if I want to invest any more in this boat, versus getting a new one.
I wish I could hide all the bags, and I probably could get a decent wake doing so, but my current wake rivals that of 100k boats so now I'm spoiled.

stx.dead.I
04-02-2017, 06:52 PM
Damn, that's a brand new boat! I'm at 600 or so, and my upholstery is showing its age, but is still an amazing boat. If I keep it, I'll redo the seats.
I've got fly high sacs and use external pumps, since they're fast and I'm not sure if I want to invest any more in this boat, versus getting a new one.
I wish I could hide all the bags, and I probably could get a decent wake doing so, but my current wake rivals that of 100k boats so now I'm spoiled.
You have any pics of the wake so I can get something to compare to?

JasonInAustin
04-02-2017, 07:01 PM
You have any pics of the wake so I can get something to compare to?

I don't, this is the first season running this setup.

stx.dead.I
04-02-2017, 07:18 PM
I don't, this is the first season running this setup.
Ahh, will have to play around and see how much room I have in lockers for bags as I don't want them all over the boat.