PDA

View Full Version : Ballast addition under rear seats in 2015 mondo

callynoah
03-19-2017, 02:00 AM
I would like to add a bit more weight to my mondo and was wondering what size ballasts would fit inside the rear seat lockers. I am just looking for bags here that I can add a bit more weight especially on the goofy side without changing the bags already in the rear lockers(650lb) Any info from someone using bags in there rear side seats would be appreciated.

Thanks
Kevin

BrettLee3232
03-19-2017, 02:19 AM
I would like to add a bit more weight to my mondo and was wondering what size ballasts would fit inside the rear seat lockers. I am just looking for bags here that I can add a bit more weight especially on the goofy side without changing the bags already in the rear lockers(650lb) Any info from someone using bags in there rear side seats would be appreciated.

Thanks
Kevin

Hey Kevin,

You will need to upgrade your rear bags 100%!!!! At least 900s. Not sure if anything else will fit. I have the same boat with 900s in the rear, 750ibs & 250 tube sack under port seat. Not sure what would fit under starboard side. I would recommend lead.

Do you have manual or auto flow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

callynoah
03-19-2017, 02:26 AM
I have the auto flow system and just thought adding more weight under the port seat would help the goofy wake when my wife is driving cause quite a bit less weight in the boat when I'm surfing and I'm the only goofy surfer in the family. The wake seems fine for my kids surfing on the regular side with our current setup.

BrettLee3232
03-19-2017, 02:29 AM
I have the auto flow system and just thought adding more weight under the port seat would help the goofy wake when my wife is driving cause quite a bit less weight in the boat when I'm surfing and I'm the only goofy surfer in the family. The wake seems fine for my kids surfing on the regular side with our current setup.

Well for goofy riding you need more weight under starboard seat. That's where I keep my soft side AO cooler. I'm sure you could fit some lead in there though.

Upgrading rear bags will make it a night & day comparison though.

People eat up those 650 bags on the MB forum if you do want to sell them.

Stazi
03-19-2017, 06:47 AM
People eat up those 650 bags on the MB forum if you do want to sell them.

Good to know. I need to sell mine.

callynoah
03-19-2017, 01:18 PM
Brett how does the well does the 250lb bag fit under the port side seat and will it fit under the starboard side also cause that is where i want to add my weight. We also keep our cooler under the starboard seat but it can be moved when I do surf and like I said I'm the only one on that side and the wave seems fine otherwise (my kids have not complained yet). Also what type/brand of bag are you using as I'm looking on the wave makers site.(Just looking at one that I can just fill separately and move around if needed)

Thanks again,
Kevin

BrettLee3232
03-19-2017, 01:35 PM
Brett how does the well does the 250lb bag fit under the port side seat and will it fit under the starboard side also cause that is where i want to add my weight. We also keep our cooler under the starboard seat but it can be moved when I do surf and like I said I'm the only one on that side and the wave seems fine otherwise (my kids have not complained yet). Also what type/brand of bag are you using as I'm looking on the wave makers site.(Just looking at one that I can just fill separately and move around if needed)

Thanks again,
Kevin

It will not fit under starboard seat. Not enough space. I'm telling you man, you need to upgrade the rear bags. I have a thread floating around here somewhere but can't seem to find it.

Stazi
03-19-2017, 01:36 PM
1100's in the rear lockers or your just wasting time and money