PDA

View Full Version : Questions about New Morbius XLV

WBCowboy
08-01-2006, 02:50 PM
Howdy everyone I am new to the board and have been looking at getting a new Mobius XLV or the XLV gravity with the hydraulic wake plate. I was wondering how you guys like your XLV’s. Also I wakeboard and my wife ski's and I was wondering how versatile is the XLV?

I am from FT Bragg NC and will be getting my boat from Westport Marina on Lake Norman. Has anyone in NC ever delt with this place, also the salesman I talked to was Jamie.

Any info would be very helpful thank you.

qb12
08-01-2006, 03:24 PM
wbcowboy, If you want a boat to ski with also, I don't think the XLV would be my choice. To big.

If you want a good crossover boat look at the 06 Outback V, which is last years Mobius LSV. If you needing more room, the 06 LSV should be good. Both will produce a good ski wake if you are running 30+ mph with the wakeplate all the way down.

Just my input.

db

Ian Brantford
08-01-2006, 11:19 PM
I agree with qb12. I have a 2005 XLV, and it is a really good wakeboarding boat. However, it just cannot generate a suitably small wake for skiing, no matter how you fiddle with the wakeplate or lighten the load. It is not a cross-over boat.

Brian Raymond
08-01-2006, 11:38 PM
The staff at Westport is outstanding. From sales to service, they care about the product and understand your needs. They love and support the sport, and I am sure they will be most helpful in selecting a new boat. Tell them exactly what you are looking for, and drive each model. Brian Raymond

WBCowboy
08-01-2006, 11:42 PM
Brian,

Cool thank you for the info I will drive each one.

Danny