PDA

View Full Version : Insurance Claims

rdlangston13
03-14-2017, 01:38 PM
So heres the low down, I have hit a few things over the years with the prop but never like horribly bad but I have had this buzzing growl of vibration for a while now and there is also some kind of harmonic whine. I was looking closely at the back of the boat this last fall and it looks like the strut is ever so slightly bent off to the left and the shaft is actually up against the brass through hull it comes out of in the bottom of the boat so I decided I would take it in this spring for repairs. I talked to someone at the dealer a few months ago who gave me a price and it seemed very reasonable so I was just going to come out of pocket because it was just a little less than my deductible. Well I inquired about the work and the official repair estimate is about triple what I was told a few month ago so now I am thinking filling a claim is the way to go for sure. My question is is it critical that I did not file the claim when the issue first occurred? and what kind of increase on my yearly premium would I be looking at?

kaneboats
03-14-2017, 03:40 PM
Well, a property damage only claim if it raises your rate will be negligible. But, you have an issue with your failure to report the claim within a reasonable time as required by every policy since the beginning of time.

wolfeman131
03-14-2017, 04:10 PM
Sounds to me like you had some back luck last Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zabooda
03-14-2017, 04:33 PM
I would have said the same thing. Just get your shop on the same page as their explanation of damages to the adjuster can make the claim process go easy.

KG's Supra24
03-14-2017, 05:02 PM
.... and delete this thread baahahaha

07STI
03-14-2017, 05:03 PM
I'm pretty sure this is all hypothetical...

BrettLee3232
03-14-2017, 06:04 PM
Where's the like button? Haha

mmandley
03-14-2017, 06:21 PM
So to play the Honesty card here...

When we took the boat to Powel in 13 We had no visible damage at all to the boat. Even though in the wind storm the anchor was bent and the Mojo hit the side of the house boat.

3 months later when it got cold we had stress cracks from the rub rail were the boat hit the side of the houseboat.

I called my insurance, Allstate, explained the incident happened last summer < this was in 14 > and that I had no visible damage then but i do now.

They said submit the claim, and all I had to provide was the dates the impact happened.

My claim has never gone up from this.
Even the next year 15 I had more stress cracks and they re-opened the insurance claim and added those to the repair order.

I always believe Honesty is the best policy.

Just call and say last summer you had some issues or an impact, it didn't seem like anything then but now that the new season is starting your noticing all these issues. I mean in the end they are going to fix it because your putting in a claim, thats what insurance does.

russellsmojo
03-14-2017, 08:37 PM
Pretty much gonna be telling a story of some kind. For example, what day did it happen? Who knows!!

Are you sure it's not the prop?

rdlangston13
03-15-2017, 10:02 AM
Well my explanation for not filling a claim immediately is easy, I was planning on paying out of pocket when I believed the repair was going to be less expensive.

mmandley
03-15-2017, 10:39 AM
Well my explanation for not filling a claim immediately is easy, I was planning on paying out of pocket when I believed the repair was going to be less expensive.

DO NOT Say that to insurance. Lol

sandm
03-15-2017, 10:51 AM

you read my mind :)

trayson
03-15-2017, 11:38 AM

Why would you not say that Mr. Honesty? Self insuring a claim is almost always an option and my insurance company has never got bent over that. They know that it's common for a person to get an estimate and THEN decide if they're going to self insure or file a claim.

mmandley
03-15-2017, 12:49 PM
Why would you not say that Mr. Honesty? Self insuring a claim is almost always an option and my insurance company has never got bent over that. They know that it's common for a person to get an estimate and THEN decide if they're going to self insure or file a claim.

What do mean with your lingering sarcasm of Mr Honesty.

When I said that I was referring to me being honest about my boat getting damaged.

Insurance has a right to refuse a claim based on if they think you knew the damage was there and waited to claim it.

They can also deny a claim because you just don't want to pay the bill.

Yes your right in the fact you can get an estimate and decide to pay or claim but that's generally in a timely manor.

All people are saying is Dave needs those estimates dated recently not 6 months ago.

Go try that with your car, get an estimate months ago then try to file a claim, I bet it's not as easy as you think

Maybe everyone just needs to go with your insurance you must have the absolute best, I mean you own the best boat Moomba ever made right?

See how that sarcasm works...

rdlangston13
03-15-2017, 01:00 PM

When I said that I was referring to me being honest about my boat getting damaged.

Insurance has a right to refuse a claim based on if they think you knew the damage was there and waited to claim it.

Yes your right in the fact you can get an estimate and decide to pay or claim but that's generally in a timely manor.

All people are saying is Dave needs those estimates dated recently not 6 months ago.

Go try that with your car, get an estimate months ago then try to file a claim, I bet it's not as easy as you think

Maybe everyone just needs to go with your insurance you must have the absolute best, I mean you own the best boat Moomba ever made right?

Well i just received my quote yesterday so no worry on that but I have to agree with Trayson a little bit here. Not sure why they would be bent up about someone trying to prevent them from having to pay money. Seems odd to me.

trayson
03-15-2017, 01:01 PM

Oh Mike, I was giving your crap, like I have so many times in the past. I figured you'd be able to take a little ribbing w/o taking it personally by now. :-)

Pretty simple, I saw irony in the fact that you were saying "be honest" and then a post later saying to not tell the insurance company exactly what happened. Justify it how you want, I hope that you can see the irony that I did.

LMAO, I never made any assertions about the quality of my insurance or the quality of my boat (like THAT's relevant! LOL). You sound a little big Hangy bro, I think ya need to go eat a snickers bar. :-)

mmandley
03-15-2017, 01:47 PM
I knew you were picking, I was picking back.

Trust me by now I don't take anything here personally

trayson
03-15-2017, 01:50 PM
I knew you were picking, I was picking back.

Trust me by now I don't take anything here personally

http://cdn.xl.thumbs.canstockphoto.com/canstock16052335.jpg

russellsmojo
03-15-2017, 02:10 PM
Cute cuddle [emoji173]

MJHSupra
03-15-2017, 06:04 PM
Sounds to me like you had some back luck last Saturday.

Or the bad luck might happen this Saturday.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

KG's Supra24
03-16-2017, 09:42 AM
Oh man ... Mike, you need to jump over to the vehicle stereotype thread and get a Trayson analysis.

It will be a hoot. Love you guys, ha.

trayson
03-16-2017, 11:12 AM
Oh man ... Mike, you need to jump over to the vehicle stereotype thread and get a Trayson analysis.

It will be a hoot. Love you guys, ha.

:-)

I know his vehicles... I could certainly have some fun with it. (he might never speak to me again, but it'd be entertaining!) j/k. Mike tells me that he doesn't take my crap seriously. ;-)

mmandley
03-17-2017, 01:03 PM
:-)

I know his vehicles... I could certainly have some fun with it. (he might never speak to me again, but it'd be entertaining!) j/k. Mike tells me that he doesn't take my crap seriously. ;-)

I have been reading that thread, but I didn't feel like participating LOL.
I look at my wife's VW Passatt TDI as a nice sedan, that gets awesome mileage and longevity being a diesel, as she's had it for 4 years and has 100K already.
My Ram is very nice, a diesel but its not lifted, no fancy wheels or tires, its functional to pull my boat and haul stuff, I even tried a Ecoboost, just didn't work out for me lol
Of course now I don't even pull my boat, so my diesel is just a nice big truck. Can't bring myself to sell it, same as the boat, its bigger then I need now but being almost paid for, hard to jump into another lol

Cactus371
04-25-2017, 08:13 AM
I just filed a claim for the same type thing. It happened in October and I told insurance the it happened then they didn't have a problem with that.

rdlangston13
04-25-2017, 03:09 PM
I just filed a claim for the same type thing. It happened in October and I told insurance the it happened then they didn't have a problem with that.

Yeah mine covered it without a problem. You coming to the jam this year?

Cactus371
04-25-2017, 09:36 PM
Yes just got home from Rinkers. I traded in the outback v for a 2017 Supra SA https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170426/ffdce2a08c55676c5149e33c219a075c.jpg

mgswake
04-25-2017, 10:08 PM
Love those colors, nice boat!

Cactus371
04-25-2017, 11:16 PM
Thanks

dusty2221
04-25-2017, 11:39 PM
Very nice cactus! Big-time upgrade! Can't wait to see it at the jam!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

kaneboats
04-26-2017, 01:47 PM
I traded in the outback v for a 2017 Supra SA

Oh, heck yea! Nice boat!

rdlangston13
04-26-2017, 02:00 PM
Awesome, I was looking at that boat last week! Those are rims we are getting on our Mojo trailer just in ultra blue metal flake.

rdlangston13
04-26-2017, 02:01 PM
Yes just got home from Rinkers. I traded in the outback v for a 2017 Supra SA https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170426/ffdce2a08c55676c5149e33c219a075c.jpg

Even rocking the Jam tank in the picture!

Cactus371
04-26-2017, 02:25 PM
Yea the wheels r what really sold the boat. Lol. Plus it matches my hair which was a bonus.

ghebert1111
04-26-2017, 03:05 PM
Yea the wheels r what really sold the boat. Lol. Plus it matches my hair which was a bonus.

So the hair came first, then the boat? Boat looks great.

Cactus371
04-26-2017, 03:11 PM

Thanks. Yea it was blue but after I changed it to green I found the new boat and the rest was history lol.

ghebert1111
04-26-2017, 03:19 PM
Thanks. Yea it was blue but after I changed it to green I found the new boat and the rest was history lol.

I guess I'm gonna dye my hair a color that only comes on Supras and maybe I'll get a Supra as well. Can't hurt to try.

Connolly_Crew
04-26-2017, 06:16 PM
Nice boat!

Connolly_Crew
04-26-2017, 06:17 PM

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

wolfeman131
04-26-2017, 06:41 PM

Why didn't you buy mine when your hair was blue?!?!?

Cactus371
04-26-2017, 10:24 PM
Why didn't you buy mine when your hair was blue?!?!?

I thought about it but the new auto wake and seadeck had me wanting a 2017. What settings r u running for surfing. I had the dealer install the Enzo sacks.

07STI
04-27-2017, 09:30 AM
I'm changing my hair color pronto...I have no interest in a brown boat!

Congrats on the purchase. Looks awesome!

kaneboats
04-27-2017, 11:39 AM
I'm changing my hair color pronto...I have no interest in a brown boat!

Dang, poor Moombadaze will need an invisible one if that's the rule. Berg-- pick out a nice gray one.

trayson
04-27-2017, 11:45 AM
Dang, poor Moombadaze will need an invisible one if that's the rule. Berg-- pick out a nice gray one.

Bahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!! Kane, you win the internet today!!!!!!!!!

ghebert1111
04-27-2017, 01:07 PM

I'm with you Berg, nothing wrong with grey hair. Better grey than the green shade that Mr. Liebau had in shop class in 1980.

kaneboats
04-27-2017, 02:16 PM
I hope I live long enough to be a blue haired ole fart.