PDA

View Full Version : garage length

marley
03-12-2017, 09:43 PM
Hello all, new to the forum and Moomba. I will be ordering a boat very soon but I am between the Craz and the Mojo. If neither or both will fit in my garage I will go with the Mojo but if only the Craz will I would go with the Craz. So my garage door is exactly 8 feet high and 23 feet 9 inches deep. I'm pretty such neither of them would fit with the swim deck attached but what if it is removed. What is the length of each with collapsed tongue and no swim deck? Will either of them fit height wise? Thanks for any and all help.

tnbrooks01
03-13-2017, 01:39 AM
I don't think either will fit height. May be close if you were to remove the wakeboard racks, but even then I think they are too tall.

Craz is 26'2" on trailer, should be 24'2" with tongue folded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marley
03-13-2017, 09:54 AM
Are those measurements with or with out the swim deck?

PuraVida
03-13-2017, 10:17 AM
I fit my 16 mojo under a 8' door with 2.5" to spare. Length will be your problem. I am forced to remove my swim platform in my 25'-4" deep garage. Length without the platform and swing away tongue is roughly 24'. The surf tabs are what sticks out and add length to the boat. The swing away tongue is hinged right under the nose and doesn't add any length. You should be able to fit a craz but it will be tight. I purposely ordered my boat without the swivel racks because the racks are the high point on the tower when folded. You can remove the racks for storage if necessary. Not sure if the new tower design for 17 changed the folded dimensions. Head to your dealer and measure one up to verify.

marley
03-13-2017, 10:38 AM
Thank you for the responses. I just talked to the dealership and the new tower folded down requires a 9 foot door. My brother is a builder and said to raise my garage door is a one day project so it's the length I'm most concerned about.

dusty2221
03-13-2017, 10:56 AM
If it comes down to the tabs being the limiting factor, you can unbolt the hydraulic from the plate and let the plate hand straight down. Would only add a few minutes to your prep/parking

07STI
03-13-2017, 11:03 AM
This is my response from a thread that I started before I purchased my Craz.

Here are the dimensions I recorded:

7' 10" - Height with tower folded and bolts out of board racks (so I could slide them down)
8' 11 1/2" - Wide using guideposts. May be able to squeeze another inch or 2 if you need it by taking the guideposts off
24' 6" - Long with the platform on

If people have different measurements, please post them.

Willyourun
03-13-2017, 08:17 PM
I'd love to hear if anyone has a 16 Helix with foldable rack. I have 94.5" of height but I haven't taken delivery yet to make sure it will fit.

TJG
07-10-2017, 11:48 AM
I don't have a helix, but do have a '17 Mojo. Despite what the dealer said at the boat show, this thing doesn't fit in an 8ft garage. Taking off the racks leaves me a couple inches too high. I'm wondering if I can take enough air out of the tires, or if the tower needs to come apart to store it. Is the only difference from '16 to '17 the tower?

kaneboats
07-10-2017, 02:33 PM
I used to have to unhitch and crank the nose all the way down to get the LSV into the garage at my old house. This may work for you. You can push by hand or get a serious drop-hitch.

stevemarich
07-10-2017, 03:50 PM
my 17 craz measured at 8' 3" to the highest point on the tower when folded , haven't done exact length measurement , but did a quick check and looked like it would fit in our 24" garage with platform off tabs and wake plate un pinned and tongue folded with a room to spare , haven't got to carried away because we still have a 7" door , need to look into raising it.

jtatexc
07-10-2017, 03:59 PM
I don't have a helix, but do have a '17 Mojo. Despite what the dealer said at the boat show, this thing doesn't fit in an 8ft garage. Taking off the racks leaves me a couple inches too high. I'm wondering if I can take enough air out of the tires, or if the tower needs to come apart to store it. Is the only difference from '16 to '17 the tower?
I unhooked the suspension cables and got the few inches i needed with the tower going lower.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

TJG
07-10-2017, 05:09 PM
I unhooked the suspension cables and got the few inches i needed with the tower going lower.

Great to hear! Just undo the bolt and slide it out?

jtatexc
07-10-2017, 05:24 PM
Yup. Then the cord will retract into the tower a bit. So the tower will be heavier to move up and down but the trade off for the garage use is priceless.

yearround
08-28-2017, 01:11 PM
Yup. Then the cord will retract into the tower a bit. So the tower will be heavier to move up and down but the trade off for the garage use is priceless.

Hey josh, could i buy a test fit in my garage from you sometime? we are really wanting to upgrade, but garage fit is the first priority.

jtatexc
08-28-2017, 01:17 PM
Hey josh, could i buy a test fit in my garage from you sometime? we are really wanting to upgrade, but garage fit is the first priority.What I was told is the 17 and 18s are sitting slightly higher so unless you are getting a 16 im not sure it will really benefit you

KEH
08-28-2017, 03:50 PM
According to these specs for 17, the folded tower height is supposed to be 94" but doesn't mention anything about added board racks

https://crm.skierschoice.com/files/redactor/documents/2017/02/08/Craz_Options_Specs.pdf

Can a 17 Craz owner please confirm this is correct or do the swivel board racks add some additional inches?

execoll
08-29-2017, 10:38 AM
yes the swivel board racks add height. I can get you measurements if you want on a /17 craz with and without swivel racks but will be this weekend before I'm able to get to it I have to take the racks off my tower to get into my space. I'm looking at raising my garage this winter but will more of a job than just raising the door. (header has to be raised and redone). You may can leave the racks on and just not swivel them in but I haven't' tried that because my space is tight width wise as well and at the time I just took them off because were about to hit the header beam..

Surf Wagon
08-29-2017, 12:13 PM
I'll check this afternoon. With the racks out they don't add to the height but turned in they are above the tower.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Surf Wagon
08-29-2017, 12:14 PM
The swivel racks are very easy to remove.

yearround
08-29-2017, 12:48 PM
Kind of Hijacked the OP with the length question. Which did you end up with? But i think most of these are similar related to the intent.

If you can get some measurement would be great. the spec does state 94" height on trailer. are the board racks optional, either fixed or swivel, what is the width? currently i remove the trailer guide poles and platform to fit in garage.

how wide are the racks if not turned in? wider than the trailer?

thanks

Surf Wagon
08-29-2017, 05:44 PM
2017 Craz
Racks out 9'-2" wide
Racks out 9'-11 tall
Racks in 10'-4" tall
Racks off 8'-3" tall
According to my dealer the Craz is roughly 277" with the tongue swung and platform removed.

These numbers are the best I can get in my shop. Hope this helps

KEH
08-29-2017, 06:21 PM
2017 Craz
Racks out 9'-2" wide
Racks out 9'-11 tall
Racks in 10'-4" tall
Racks off 8'-3" tall
According to my dealer the Craz is roughly 277" with the tongue swung and platform removed.

These numbers are the best I can get in my shop. Hope this helps

Have you tried to get in an 8' garage with the racks off?
It's supposed to be 7'10" according to the specs and my dealer

Surf Wagon
08-29-2017, 06:31 PM
I haven't tried but without any rack mounting bracket welded to the tower it would be 5" to 6" shorter. That may be what he's giving you.

yearround
08-30-2017, 04:36 PM
I haven't tried but without any rack mounting bracket welded to the tower it would be 5" to 6" shorter. That may be what he's giving you.

my dealer said that the Craz will not fit in 8' high door, a little disappointing that the published spec says 94", but seems the reality is that is not so, or not identified that the height is without racks, and who is really going to get a tower without racks? This may make me sad to need to look at other things that will fit, cuz i do not plan to move.

Surf Wagon
08-30-2017, 04:42 PM
Wonder if the fixed rack is shorter?