PDA

View Full Version : Any Elk Hunters here??

tgoody14
03-10-2017, 11:43 AM
Draw time is coming!!! Just finished up our video from last year's New Mexico hunt! Between the 4 of us we put down 3 monster Bulls! The video is kinda long but I wanted to show the ups and downs of the emotional roller coaster of a hunt.

Chasing big game on public lands is by far the toughest yet most rewarding hunting you can do!! So here ya go!

If you're using a computer, click the gear box on the bottom right corner and select 1080p HD for best quality. Also it helps to be on wifi! Enjoy!!!

In 11 days, I lost 9lbs... But we put in the work, got off the roads, and saw Elk everyday!!!

https://youtu.be/TaTnYVfh9Qw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sandm
03-10-2017, 02:40 PM
go to idaho or montana :)

wake26
03-10-2017, 03:57 PM
Awesome video, I love to Archery elk hunt it is one of my true passions. I was able to put my tag on a nice 5x5 last season. Just did my Colorado tags last night should be a good year.

IronmanCowboy
03-12-2017, 10:32 AM
Nice bull! I'm from NM and a hardcore hunter. I put in for Unit 16B Gila for bow hunt. Just around the corner.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

EthanCarter
03-13-2017, 06:20 AM
Hey! I used to hunt around New Mexico when I was younger. Nowadays I only track animals virtually in simulators like The Hunter - I really recommend it if someone is not physically able to go hunting in real life.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S6 using Tapatalk

tgoody14
03-19-2017, 06:51 PM
Thanks guys!!!

tgoody14
04-14-2017, 12:38 PM
Well, draw results are out... I didn't draw anything and I had put in for 4 different animals, BUT the wife got a Muley tag so she's pumped!!! I get to film the hunt so I'm pretty happy myself! May buy an Elk landowner tag if I can't fight the itch... Only time will tell but they sure are damn proud of them LO Elk tags in NM :(

IronmanCowboy
04-18-2017, 11:54 PM
Bummer you didn't draw. I drew bow, either sex September for unit 13 NM. HD Quality hunt. Pumped!!!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

wake26
04-19-2017, 09:28 AM
That's awesome Ironman congrats on the tag. Tgoody hope your wife knocks down a big one. Nothing like chasing some big old mulies around. I hope to get last years buck back from the taxidermist any day.

tgoody14
06-28-2017, 03:28 PM
Bummer you didn't draw. I drew bow, either sex September for unit 13 NM. HD Quality hunt. Pumped!!!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

CONGRATS!!! That's gonna be awesome man! Good luck

That's awesome Ironman congrats on the tag. Tgoody hope your wife knocks down a big one. Nothing like chasing some big old mulies around. I hope to get last years buck back from the taxidermist any day.

Heck yea! I'm pumped. I get to sit back and film everything this time, no pressure on me haha