PDA

View Full Version : Bilge Pumps

Davpmars
03-06-2017, 03:30 PM
My 2013 LSV is parked next to my house in my back yard also by my shed. Yesterday I was cleaning out my shed and all of a sudden, water starts pouring out of what I'm pretty sure is the bilge pump spout. It started up all on its own and ran for about two minutes before the water flow stopped.

Do these have some sort of safety feature for the bilge pump?

I thought the whole thing was pretty strange

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5:00
03-06-2017, 03:37 PM
It has an automatic switch on it. The bilge pump(s) will start running once that switch is tripped. I have been amazed at how much water gets into the hull before it kicks in. So that is all good.
You may want to put your battery on a tender if it isn't and find the source of the water.
Most of all be sure to remove your drain plug!!

zabooda
03-06-2017, 05:34 PM
You need to remove the drain plug during winter storage. You should pull back your cover and check for mold and mildew and get the water out of the boat.

MJHSupra
03-06-2017, 11:59 PM
You need to remove the drain plug during winter storage. You should pull back your cover and check for mold and mildew and get the water out of the boat.
^^^^^ +1

Water probably going around or through the cover.

Sometimes the water will not all drain out of the plug b/c the boat needs to be tilted pretty far back.

Winter storage + water in the boat over a period of time + long periods under a cover = mold & mildew.

Air that puppy out on nice days.

Plus, charge your battery or batteries if that pump can run.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

Davpmars
03-09-2017, 07:52 PM
Thanks everyone. That all makes perfect sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jmvotto
03-09-2017, 08:29 PM
Kitty litter or damp rid will help the excess moisture inside

Do you have a mooring cover or the cockpit and toneau covers.

The two piece cover let's water in down the windshield