PDA

View Full Version : New 2016 Craz

xbrandloyal
03-05-2017, 03:45 PM
Hey guys. First post but I've been reading for months. I purchased a new 2016 Craz last fall and pickup in April. A few items I would love your advice on as this is my first Moomba (first non I/O actually).

1. Anyone install 3M paint protection? Worth it to avoid sun damage?

2. Anyone add skirts to the boat cover for protection? Worth it? Cost, pain?

3. Any advice on lowering the tower with people in boat before pulling into boat lift (aluminum with canopy). Seems like a pain and I don't want to damage the boat.

Thanks!25322

russellsmojo
03-05-2017, 04:15 PM
Sweet boat! Don't have answers on first two questions. Third though is going to be a problem. The tower will be in the way of driver. It can be done but will be challenging. Do you need it down for clearance in slip?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xbrandloyal
03-05-2017, 04:34 PM
Yes. My boat lift canopy unless I can jack it up high enough where I don't have to lower it yet then my boat will be even more exposed. Thus my questions above. If I jack it up for the tower to clear then I want to protect the boat. Thx!

MJHSupra
03-05-2017, 05:06 PM
Hey guys.

1. Anyone install 3M paint protection? Worth it to avoid sun damage?

2. Anyone add skirts to the boat cover for protection? Worth it? Cost, pain?

3. Any advice on lowering the tower with people in boat before pulling into boat lift (aluminum with canopy). Seems like a pain and I don't want to damage the boat.

1. Not heard of anyone using 3M. There was a recent thread of someone putting a spray on clear coating. No waxing necessary. Costs a few $$$.

2. There was a thread on wakeworld forum about someone putting skirts on the sides of the boat when it was sitting on a lift. Custom made from a canvas shop. Matched the cover. Made of ?sunbrella or other boat cover fabric. It looked nice.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

MJHSupra
03-05-2017, 05:09 PM
Here is the coating:

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=28871

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

russellsmojo
03-05-2017, 06:00 PM
Yes. My boat lift canopy unless I can jack it up high enough where I don't have to lower it yet then my boat will be even more exposed. Thus my questions above. If I jack it up for the tower to clear then I want to protect the boat. Thx!

Would half way down work? Design something that holds tower at half way point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lsupcar
03-05-2017, 08:07 PM
I think I understand your situation with the canopy and lift.
However, just think how nice it would be to never have to lower your tower. That is what you should be shooting for if you are going to start changing the height of the canopy. Then you can get other devices such as the side skirts on the cover or canopy to protect the boat.

xbrandloyal
03-05-2017, 10:40 PM
Thanks all. Agree. If I can move the canopy up then I'lll purchase a canopy skirt and be done. If not I'll have some "fun" until I can find a better solution. Can't wait.