PDA

View Full Version : Warranty on Trailers?

05mobiusxlv
07-31-2006, 07:30 PM
I noticed the other day that one of my trailer rims was a lot dirtier then the others. Looked like some kind of grease was leaking. The one year factory warranty is off, and i'm guessing that the three year extended warranty I got, does not cover the trailer. Is this correct? Is this something I should have looked at right away? Or is this something that can wait until I have them re-packed @ winterization? Your help is greatly appreciated.

05mobiusxlv
08-02-2006, 03:09 AM
I called the dealer today, and they said the extended warranty didn't cover the trailer, and that I would have to pay for it myself. My trailer maybe has 500 miles on it, I only pull it 3 miles to the boat ramp. So i'm not happy about having to fork out money for this already.

Instead of taking their word for it, (they are a new moomba dealer) I started looking at my trailer paperwork, and it looks like Boat Mate Trailers warrants the actual trailer for one year, but almost everything connected to the trailer falls under the warranty of their manufacturers. (winches, lights, couplers, brakes, jack, tires, and wheels)

For anyone interested: the winch, and the jack are covered for 3 years by their manufacturer, the brakes and the axle are covered for 2 years by trailer buddy. But it says that they will only cover the the parts, no labor. So maybe I still have a little chance of not getting a massive repair bill.

Buttafewcoe
08-02-2006, 05:32 AM
Or, if you are mechanically inclined, get the parts and do the work yourself. Pulling the wheel off and replacing the hub or seal is not really difficult, it just takes a little time.
Hope this helps
B

rbc_racing
08-02-2006, 10:05 PM
Who makes the jack, mine is starting to bind and won't lift the boat very high anymore. I've tried to lube it but it doesn't do much for it.

05mobiusxlv
08-04-2006, 01:20 AM
CEQUENT TRAILER PRODUCTS makes the jack. 3 year warranty. To make a claim, call them at 1-800-604-9466. This info should be in your black moomba bag, with all of the owners manual's.