PDA

View Full Version : Moomba Suggestions

BrettLee3232
02-13-2017, 12:03 AM
Thought it would be good to start a thread & have everyone chime in on cost effective solutions that Moomba could add to the boats that would make them more appealing and practical. That way RickT & the boys can skim through & take our recommendations to heart.

Ok I'll start....

1) Over engine storage tray. MB has it, Axis has it. Not much more to say but it would be a great solution for just a little bit more storage.

2) More USB/12v outlets. Seems like more boats are adding more and more. My 15 Mondo only came with a 12v at the helm & in glove box. I recently added 12v/USB in the bow, cabin & lockers.

3) More metal flake/pearl options in more locations (accents etc.)

I'm sure I'll think of more but wanted to get the snowball rolling [emoji1319]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BrettLee3232
02-13-2017, 12:04 AM
4) 3 Fork board racks (like MB) obviously everyone loves more boards [emoji1316]

That Guy
02-13-2017, 12:30 AM
Ability to trailer with tower down as well as offer over the tower cover for storage.

Nets on inside of locker doors for small items. I added this to my last boat, great for sunscreen, gloves, sunglasses, etc.

Great idea, I'm sure I'll add more once I spend some time on mine.

patrick232
02-13-2017, 02:18 PM
Thought it would be good to start a thread & have everyone chime in on cost effective solutions that Moomba could add to the boats that would make them more appealing and practical. That way RickT & the boys can skim through & take our recommendations to heart.

Ok I'll start....

1) Over engine storage tray. MB has it, Axis has it. Not much more to say but it would be a great solution for just a little bit more storage.

2) More USB/12v outlets. Seems like more boats are adding more and more. My 15 Mondo only came with a 12v at the helm & in glove box. I recently added 12v/USB in the bow, cabin & lockers.

3) More metal flake/pearl options in more locations (accents etc.)

I'm sure I'll think of more but wanted to get the snowball rolling [emoji1319]

Ditto on the over engine tray, I even sent a email to Skiers Choice offering to design this tray for them in 2016. Maybe I will resend again.

sivs1
02-13-2017, 02:49 PM
Not really cost effective, what about options to remove pumps from the ballast systems? MB, Supreme, Centurion all use a RamFill type of system. Have never used or seen in action but if the hype is true could be worth it?

BrettLee3232
02-13-2017, 02:50 PM
Not really cost effective, what about options to remove pumps from the ballast systems? MB, Supreme, Centurion all use a RamFill type of system. Have never used or seen in action but if the hype is true could be worth it?

They work great, although you still need to add PNP. So reversibles are still needed.

BrettLee3232
02-13-2017, 02:51 PM
Ditto on the over engine tray, I even sent a email to Skiers Choice offering to design this tray for them in 2016. Maybe I will resend again.

Such a great idea & probably doesn't cost very much once they have the design made for each boat.

sandm
02-13-2017, 03:20 PM
the more they add, the more the price creeps up even at $100 a pop. pretty soon you have a boat that is no longer a value boat. seems that I have seen a few of these things on the supra line and that will be part of the upsell to move from moomba to supra. eliminate all of the small upsells and supra goes away.

a slippery slope for a manufacturer with multiple lines indeed.

DFTR Josh
02-13-2017, 05:37 PM
the more they add, the more the price creeps up even at $100 a pop. pretty soon you have a boat that is no longer a value boat. seems that I have seen a few of these things on the supra line and that will be part of the upsell to move from moomba to supra. eliminate all of the small upsells and supra goes away.

Thread over, LOL!

rdlangston13
02-13-2017, 05:56 PM
They still make budget boats?

BrettLee3232
02-13-2017, 05:58 PM

Ramfill? Yes
Over engine tray? No

I'm talking little bitty check items. You don't have to check the box if you don't want it. But it would be nice to have some of the budget features like other budget boats.

rdlangston13
02-13-2017, 06:05 PM
Not sure how they regulate how much you fill in the ram fill boats. It comes in so fast