PDA

View Full Version : Idea? Great Southeastern Moomba/Supra Owners' Jam

kaneboats
02-09-2017, 11:10 AM
It's been a few years since we attended a big owners' meet up. I thought I would open a discussion to see if there is interest and if there are ideas for a place to meet. I would be up for a 2-3 day meetup somewhere. It would be nice if it was within a 5 hour tow of me (Tallahassee), but that includes most of AL, GA or SC. We would need lodging/hotel available at fairly reasonable prices. Camping on the same lake would be very cool as well-- we have done that in the past. Nothing like being able to pull the boat up to the campsite. We would probably need to schedule a Th-F-Sat or a Sat-Sun-Mon to include some weekend days for folks who cannot take off work. I kind of like including a weekday for riding and weekend day for hanging out. Also, best to avoid the big holidays and plan sometime between Memorial Day and Labor Day.

This is the brainstorming page so if you have ideas for dates, locations, sponsors, etc. throw 'em out there and let's have us a get together!

Ed_Geary
02-09-2017, 01:51 PM

In my opinion, taint no better place than Lake Louisa State Park on the Clermont Chain of Lakes. Chain is at higher than normal lake levels, so one can cruise the entire chain.

3 Skiers Choice sponsored Supra/Moomba Owners Jamborees were held here. last one attracted 40 boats and 170 people.

Camp sites, rental cabins, public bathrooms (with showers), public beach, areas to beach a bunch of boats (on very soft sand) and now there are 2 restaurants on one of the lakes and three hotels within 6 miles of the park.

2 public boat ramps are close with butt load of parking spaces.

We could possibly persuade some of the best wakeboarders in the world to pay us a visit - they live close by

Ed_Geary
02-09-2017, 02:07 PM
and....for those with families wishing to extend their visit a little longer, Disney World is only 20 minutes away.

Ed_Geary
02-09-2017, 04:50 PM
Oh, forgot to also mention...there is also a marina where one can rent boats...in case one wants to join in and not have to tow their boat.

sandm
02-10-2017, 10:06 AM
depending on time and location, I'd be down. love to put a face to some names..
would not be able to camp as that would exceed the maximum number of pieces of luggage southwest would allow :)
so hotel close by would be preferable.

and could give a crap about proximity to ratworld(as Ed refers to it) :)

kaneboats
02-10-2017, 10:57 AM
Scott, you fly in and we'll find room for you in somebody's boat.

kaneboats
02-10-2017, 11:00 AM
Looking at calendar it would have to be June 9-11, June 23-25, July 14-16, July 21-23, July 28-30, Aug. 11-13, Aug. 18-20. Have to avoid weekend before and after July 4. The mid June week is out for me too b/c of a 50th anniversary party in Jacksonville I can't miss (also a big week for graduation parties so good one to skip anyway.)

sandm
02-10-2017, 11:25 AM
pick a date and place so I can find me some cheap flights :)

Ed_Geary
02-10-2017, 12:14 PM
here's the link to the marina in Clermont:

http://cypresscovemarina.com/

One MIGHT be able to put up a tent near a boat slip - I don't know

The Wakeboard Camp (staffed by some Supra team riders) is now located in this marina.

zabooda
02-10-2017, 01:33 PM
You got a sponsor. What a better way to promote the product than with the people who own it.

Ed_Geary
02-10-2017, 01:34 PM
for poops and giggles I contacted the Orlando Moomba dealer and asked them if they would be interested in participating in an owners get together if one were to be held in Clermont.

I really doubt I will hear back from them, but like I always say - ya never know what you can get unless you ask.

Rakkasan
02-10-2017, 03:38 PM
Looking at calendar it would have to be June 9-11, June 23-25, July 14-16, July 21-23, July 28-30, Aug. 11-13, Aug. 18-20. Have to avoid weekend before and after July 4. The mid June week is out for me too b/c of a 50th anniversary party in Jacksonville I can't miss (also a big week for graduation parties so good one to skip anyway.)

If y'all want to head back to Lake Martin AL. We're renting a house there on the June 23-25th weekend. Nice birthday weekend and have family driving in from TX. Can't wait.

Ed_Geary
02-11-2017, 09:03 AM
MUCH to my surprise the Orlando dealer responded (via Facebook):

"Regal & Nautique of Orlando: Yes sir. Let us know what the best date is and we are in!!"

I also took the next step and contacted Skiers Choice's marketing guy.

This is like 2005 all over again :)

Ed_Geary
02-11-2017, 09:37 AM
Jason B, a little background on Clermont reunions...

Default 3rd Annual "Florida" Supra / Moomba Jamboree/Owner

NEWS RELEASE

3RD ANNUAL MOOMBA / SUPRA JAMBOREE AND OWNER'S REUNION
CO-SPONSERED BY: WATERSPORTS OF CENTRAL AND SKIER'S CHOICE

On Saturday, May 12, 2007 the third annual Moomba / Supra Jamboree and Owners reunion, which took place at the beautiful Lake Louisa State Park in Clermont, Florida, was a huge success. It was attended by twice the amount of people that attended last year. The weather was beautiful and 174 people had a great time. There were also 32 Moomba and Supra boats in the water for all the activities.

Plenty of food and drinks were supplied, catered by Sonny's Bar-B-Que and sponsored by Watersports of Central Florida and Skier's Choice.

Throughout the day, everyone was treated to wakeboarding, wakeskating, wakesurfing, skiing, boat rides and exhibitions by the "Pros". Look at this list of "Pros" everyone got to mingle with; Ben Greenwood, Austin Hair, Reed Hansen, Trevor Hansen, Josh Sanders, Kyle Schmidt and Russ Wilde. They also had an autograph session, which many of the attendees enjoyed. Andy Hansen (Reed and Trevor's father) also brought their awesome Supra Launch 24 SSV and sponsored an instructional clinic with Reed. For those who missed this busy activity, perhaps you can get out to "World Wakeboard Center" in Groveland, Florida (352-429-3574) for some of the best instruction in the world.

Boat owners and guest participated in a drawing for all kinds of boat accessories. Sponsors, Watersports of Central Florida and Skier's Choice conducted the drawing and gave away prizes donated by suppliers: Extreme, Island Surfer, Kenwood, Kicker, Indmar, Norcross Marine, O'Brien, O.J., Skier's Choice, Ski Tree, The Walker Project, Wakezone and Watersports of Central Florida. A donation to Lake Louisa State Park was presented by the sponsors.

Skier's Choice was represented by Michael Littman, Natalie Carrera, Jay Warren, Brian Raymond and Trey Tiller. Indmars, Larry Englebert, was also a welcome addition. Watersports of Central Florida was represented by Bob, Sandie, Grant and David Campbell, Rob and Becky Alderman,
Lisa and Taylor Cassidy, Mike Broderick and Amber Roberson. One of the premier promoters of this event and past Jamborees, Ed Geary was there all day with his family.

All in all this was an outstanding event that was enjoyed by all and gave everyone that feeling of,
"Boating and watersports are one of the great pleasures of life".

!!! THANKS TO ALL WHO CAME AND ENJOYED OUR TIME TOGETHER !!!

moombadaze
02-13-2017, 05:55 PM
In my opinion, taint no better place than Lake Louisa State Park on the Clermont Chain of Lakes.

well I think you would find your opinion would be different if you got out and visited some lakes -within a days tow that is north of us. My .02

Ed_Geary
02-14-2017, 09:04 AM
Hey Stacy!

You may be right - but when private ramps to the chain of lakes are only 1/4 mile from my house, why go elsewhere?

Traveling with the boat just ain't my thing. Going to Land O Lakes was pushing my limit.

Kane intended this to be a brainstorming thread. What lakes north of us do you suggest for a large southeast jam?

e

moombadaze
02-14-2017, 09:18 AM
Any big water lake a days tow north of us, that way people a days tow north can come south--middle ground so to speak, Clermont is just to far south for most that are in the northsoutheast-again my .02

Ed_Geary
02-14-2017, 09:37 AM
Nothing is carved in stone. Clermont is just a suggestion - part of the brainstorming process.

The Orlando dealer won't be broken hearted if we don't use him as a sponsor.

Throw out some more .02's where you would like to see a jam take place (lake names).

kaneboats
02-14-2017, 01:57 PM
Yes, I did start this for brainstorming. That's why I didn't post any criticism of Ed's idea for Clermont. On the other hand, there's no way I'm going to Lake Louisa and definitely never camping there again. Those are some of the worst lakes I've ever seen. Anyway, it needs to be more central to the SE. Ed, if you want to have the 2005 jam again, please feel free to start your own thread.

Ed_Geary
02-14-2017, 02:14 PM
"Those are some of the worst lakes I've ever seen"

Really? You've only been on 2 of them - and that was during the drought.

I agree - camping in the "family" campground (without an RV) at Lake Louisa does suck.

So did that other Florida State campground we were at. What was that - Lake Griffen?

I don't think Florida state parks are all that "tent" friendly.

I apologize. When you wrote " It's been a few years since we attended a big owners' meet up".... I took you literally.

sandm
02-14-2017, 02:51 PM
wherever this is need a hotel in close proximity for those that will not be able to pack camping gear.

kaneboats
02-14-2017, 02:59 PM
Yes. And some would not camp anyway so hotel, lodge, cabins or something are necessary.

wolfeman131
02-14-2017, 03:29 PM
Lake Lanier - North Atlanta area (closest to Atlanta Marine)
lake Allatoona - NW Atlanta area
Lake Hartwell - GA/SC border
Lake Oconee or Sinclair - Central GA. Ritz @ Oconee, Holiday Inn @ Sinclair
Lake Martin - NE of Montgomery, AL. I think hotels are harder to find around this lake.

MJHSupra
02-14-2017, 09:57 PM
Lake Lanier - North Atlanta area (closest to Atlanta Marine)
lake Allatoona - NW Atlanta area
Lake Hartwell - GA/SC border
Lake Oconee or Sinclair - Central GA. Ritz @ Oconee, Holiday Inn @ Sinclair
Lake Martin - NE of Montgomery, AL. I think hotels are harder to find around this lake.
I agree. #1, #2, #4.

I think Atlanta Marine did one years ago. They talked to my GA buddy about another.

A Moomba/Supra event will attract more boats.

There is a posting on the Supra site about a Chattanooga event in July 2017.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

Ed_Geary
02-15-2017, 05:35 PM
MJHSupra,

Is your GA buddy the guy who worked for the stereo retailer who had the huge house boat docked where the jamboree took place?

markthered
02-15-2017, 08:34 PM
Feel free to join us for the Texas Moomba / Supra Jam the first weekend of August, just north of Houston!

MJHSupra
02-15-2017, 09:01 PM
MJHSupra,

Is your GA buddy the guy who worked for the stereo retailer who had the huge house boat docked where the jamboree took place?

Don't think so. He is on Lake Nottely, GA. Has a 24 Supra (black/red) purchased from the Lake Lanier dealer. When he was at ATL Marine last fall, they got into a discussion about Supra/Moomba outings. He told me about their conversation. Lake Lanier is busy, but a good place to boat. Lived there for 8 years.

Ed_Geary
02-19-2017, 04:28 PM
Here is how I would have worded the initial post - a lot less "I want this, I want that, it has to meet my schedule".

"If you are located in Al, Ga or SC, please indicate if you have any interest in participating in an owners "reunion" this summer.

If there is enough interest shown in having such an event, it is possible to have it sponsored by the local Skiers Choice Supra/Moomba dealer and Skiers Choice. We could possibly have a large, fun filled, one or two day event take place.

Past reunions such as this have had catered lunches, attended by Skiers Choice employees, owners raffles with awesome gifts given out to Supra/Moomba owners, and have been memorable events for all who have attended and shared the boating lifestyle with fellow Skiers Choice owners.

This is a brainstorming thread, so please state were you would like to have such an event held, and what dates would be best for you.

All suggestions are welcome."

sandm
02-20-2017, 09:09 AM
owners raffles with awesome gifts given out to Supra/Moomba owners,

a slippery slope that has been fraught with drama on this board before and have seen a similar example on the tige forums from the yearly lake mead reunion.

perhaps just a get together and if an outside source wants to fund a lunch/dinner or bring the latest/greatest boat would be welcome?

moombadaze
02-20-2017, 10:23 AM
after having been at the big events in Atlanta, Clermont and much smaller events on the Flint river, Lake Martin. Ill take the smaller drama free event any day of the week.

Don't think anyone wants to deal with seeing someone win a surfboard, rack, amp, prop, vest, Wake Kite and see it go up for sale a month later after begging venders for those gifts

MJHSupra
02-20-2017, 10:52 AM
Don't think anyone wants to deal with seeing someone win a surfboard, rack, amp, prop, vest, Wake Kite and see it go up for sale a month later after begging venders for those gifts

Didn't think of that. That would suck . . . anyone who put together something like this knows the time and effort that usually does not get appreciated.

Ed_Geary
02-22-2017, 04:08 PM
Justin Burke (Skiers Choice Marketing Manager) replied to my request (2/11) for Skiers Choice to get involved with a get together. His response:

"Ed,

We would definitely consider getting involved on some level. Before we could commit to what level that is I would need some additional details on the event, timing, expected attendance as well as an idea of what you would be asking of us. That would get us a starting point and we could go from their. With other similar events our investments have typically ranged from product to a cash investment.

Could we get some of those details from you and move forward from there? Thanks"

I let him know that it was decided that there was no interest in another large reunion and that I would pass this info on to you guys - in case you wanted to follow up on it.

KG's Supra24
02-22-2017, 04:22 PM
and probably oughta let him know it's there, not their.

Ed_Geary
02-22-2017, 04:27 PM
Good catch!

Nope, I ain't gonna correct the guys wording. Never know when you may need him.

Texas guys should grab his offer for their reunion.

kaneboats
02-23-2017, 10:34 AM
No interest? I think there was some interest. There just happens to be a whole big world outside of Clermont, FL. I'll be happy to follow up with SC if and when we decide on a location, etc.

This was supposed to be the brainstorming thread. Let's get back to that.

Ed_Geary
02-23-2017, 01:23 PM
I didn't state there wasn't any interest at all, I wrote there was no interest in another large reunion. See Stacy's last response.

This still IS a brainstorming thread - where every participant is encouraged to think aloud and suggest as many ideas as possible, no matter seemingly how outlandish or bizarre.

Criticism of ideas is allowed.

MJHSupra
02-23-2017, 11:12 PM
ATL marine might have something in early Aug on Lanier.
See if more details come in the near future.

Might be for the ATL customer base, but if so, I will drag my boat down to hang out with friends from there. Knoxville is a short drive.

Probably will welcome for all SC boats.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

Ed_Geary
02-24-2017, 08:09 AM
Lanier is a very cool lake! Is the water level up to normal? Last time we were there (Atlanta Jamboree) islands were all over the place.

mmandley
02-24-2017, 12:22 PM
Lanier is a very cool lake! Is the water level up to normal? Last time we were there (Atlanta Jamboree) islands were all over the place.

No lake is still low because we haven't received the spring rains.

But low is determined were on the lake you are. Some coves are dry, mine happens to be full of water still, at least 6ft under my lift and 12 in the center.

sgoyal
02-24-2017, 09:31 PM
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post this however I'll have BLAST LED throw some LED goodies in there.

moombadaze
02-25-2017, 08:06 AM
[QUOTE=Ed_Geary;301323], I wrote there was no interest in another large reunion. See Stacy's last response./QUOTE]

I was not speaking for everyone, just my personal opinion. If a large reunion is wanted by the masses then you may have ruined that from having SC participate

Ed_Geary
02-25-2017, 09:09 AM
"If a large reunion is wanted by the masses then you may have ruined that from having SC participate"

True.

But, I wouldn't do that.

Don't worry - I informed SC and the Orlando Moomba Dealer that my large Clermont reunion idea had been poo pooed, and it seemed that somewhere north of Florida was the most favored location by those contributing to the brainstorming thread.

So....SC now knows there is an interest in having them involved in a Southeastern event, and anyone who cares to, can pick up where I left off and get SC involved in a reunion elsewhere.

Ed_Geary
02-26-2017, 03:30 PM
The first sentence in Kaneboat's original post in this thread was: "It's been a few years since we attended a big owners' meet up."

Let's brainstorm on deciding what type of event to hold before trying to decide on a location...

Is there any interest in having "a big owner's meet up" where Skiers Choice and a local Skiers Choice dealer is involved?

Usually this type of event is great fun and a memorable experience with plenty of souvenirs to take home, usually has a catered lunch provided and some type of planned entertainment for all. It typically concludes that evening.

The other option is an event planned by a couple of Supra/Moomba owners - where people gather with their boats, do their own thing on a lake for the day and meet up in the evening for a meal and social get together. It can continue to the next day.

Please join in on this brainstorming thread and state which option might encourage you to participate.

For those of you who are no longer Supra or Moomba owners or don't wish to tow your boat for long distances, I'm sure you will find others to invite you to join them on their Skiers Choice product.

MJHSupra
02-28-2017, 10:13 AM
The other option is an event planned by a couple of Supra/Moomba owners - where people gather with their boats, do their own thing on a lake for the day and meet up in the evening for a meal and social get together. It can continue to the next day.

This is what a few guys started on the Supra page. 8-12 boats each year. Other boats are welcome. Mostly local, but some road-trip to get there. Smaller crowd does have some advantages.

Living in TN, I would travel to adjoining states (weekend trip) b/c of committed vacations/trips already. Summer will book-up fast - February is already gone.

https://forum.supraboats.com/showthread.php?18703-2017-Southern-Supra-Reunion-6th-Annual

https://www.facebook.com/events/1829526263976373/?active_tab=discussion

jmb
03-27-2017, 09:10 AM
I was kind of counting on going this year with my boat. Clermont would be to far for me. That is my .02.

jmb
03-27-2017, 09:38 AM
A lake where there is hotels nearby. That would be good.

Ed_Geary
03-27-2017, 10:32 AM
Hey Jack,

Clermont was just an initial idea of mine. It has been ruled out as a possible location - to far south for most people.

Not very many Moomba's in Central Florida anymore

evoimport6
05-10-2017, 05:54 PM
sorry to bring this back to life. But What about lake norris tennessee? Too far north? plenty of hotels or floating houses for rent. not to mention some of the nicest water in the area.

Connolly_Crew
05-24-2017, 12:32 AM
Here is how I would have worded the initial post - a lot less "I want this, I want that, it has to meet my schedule".

"If you are located in Al, Ga or SC, please indicate if you have any interest in participating in an owners "reunion" this summer.

If there is enough interest shown in having such an event, it is possible to have it sponsored by the local Skiers Choice Supra/Moomba dealer and Skiers Choice. We could possibly have a large, fun filled, one or two day event take place.

Past reunions such as this have had catered lunches, attended by Skiers Choice employees, owners raffles with awesome gifts given out to Supra/Moomba owners, and have been memorable events for all who have attended and shared the boating lifestyle with fellow Skiers Choice owners.

This is a brainstorming thread, so please state were you would like to have such an event held, and what dates would be best for you.

All suggestions are welcome."

I am not currently an SC owner but it is very likely I will be in 18'. How about planning for summer 18'?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cody
05-24-2017, 08:42 AM
We are willing to help you guys out with any ideas and tips for your event. We are hosting our 7th annual event in Texas again and it's only grown larger and larger.

If you put something together, contact sponsors and vendors, they will be happy to donate and be part of something like this. This year we have 22 sponsors including Skiers Choice, two dealers in Texas, Hyperlite, Gatorstep, Boat Bling, FAE, Phase 5, Soulcraft Boards, Evolution Covers, etc etc. List goes on.

If you have any questions or need pointers, contact myself, David Langston or Dusty.

Good luck to you guys!!

Ed_Geary
05-25-2017, 11:50 AM
Sounds like you guys really have it together!!