PDA

View Full Version : Slalom skiing behind a Moomba Craz

clark
01-30-2017, 09:52 AM
I am thinking about buying Craz and one of my sons lives o slalom ski and was wondering the setup for that and if the boat allows that pretty well. I previously owned a 2005 lsv and had some weight in front center bag and rear bags empty and that worked great. Any suggestions???? Also is it worth the extra money for the 500 lb front bag?

sivs1
01-30-2017, 12:34 PM
I was in a similar spot but decided was not something i needed to worry about. I have a buddy who slalom skis pretty hardcore. He owns a MC X9 which is a DD, we would trade off, one day I would bring my boat and the next he would bring his. If the water was nice enough he would ski, even behind my 2006 LSV and now my 2013 SA. Both my Moomba and Supra are "Skiable" in his terms but he prefers his DD hands down. I think any boat is skiable, just depends on what the expectation level is. With the LSV we had skied with the 550 IBS full and all else empty, with the SA we ski with all bags empty, at 35MPH the wake smooths out pretty nice.

Yes, Bow bag is worth the money.

BensonWdby
01-30-2017, 08:05 PM
If your expectation is to be able to get out of the water and ride in the bubbles - then yes most boats are skiable. There's a difference between sliding around on a waterski behind 'any' boat and actually slalom skiing. For someone who "loves to ski", I do not agree that any boat is skiable. People who love skiing are probably going to want to get better and you need a good wake for that - even if you are not in the course.

clark
01-30-2017, 08:05 PM
Thanks for the info

mattsask
01-30-2017, 09:07 PM
I am thinking about buying Craz and one of my sons lives o slalom ski and was wondering the setup for that and if the boat allows that pretty well. I previously owned a 2005 lsv and had some weight in front center bag and rear bags empty and that worked great. Any suggestions???? Also is it worth the extra money for the 500 lb front bag?
I've tried skiing behind my 16 craz a few times. While it is doable, it is no slalom boat. We also have a 94 prostar DD and there is absolutely no comparison in slalom performance.

As for the 500 bow bag, you absolutely 100% should order it. I think most guys will tell you you need at least 500 in the nose.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk