PDA

View Full Version : help

gee
07-29-2006, 09:54 PM
We just bought a 2006 out back with wake tower. I know how some of you feel about tubing so please be nice. We have two boys who love to ski and wakeboard but some times just get on a tube and let it rip. We have been told not to tube from the tower so we tried to go from the pylon and the rope gets caught in the wake. Is there something we can do to get the rope out of the wake. Is a pylon extenision a possibility. Thanks for any help!!!!:) :) :)

JoeTechie
07-30-2006, 12:20 AM
I think this is part of the "fun" of tubing. The rope gets caught and the tube gets pulled a different direction than the boat for a second or two. If you are careful, they will not get snapped once it comes out of the wake. Try using the wakeplate if you have one, I find I can adjust to reduce the rope getting caught if I tweak a bit. Changing boat speed helps too. just a mile or two up or down can change the wake size/shape and reduce this. Your pylon is already higher than the average i/o bridal setup. All the "extensions" are actually just single pole wakeboard "skylons" and have the same drawbacks as a tower. You do not want all that force on a skylon or a tower. Tubes are a HUGE drag on the rope. (thus their larger diameter)

Oh, and don't worry about offending anyone with tube questions... We all do it - just don't talk about it much. ;)

-Joe

p.s. Welcome to the family !

Catdog1
07-30-2006, 08:58 PM
Depends, too, how you pull. Keeping even tension on the rope can be done by acceleration into and out of turns. Slow speed, decelerating turns are where the rope and sometimes tube get buried.

We have more fun tubing than anything else.

gotmyboat
07-31-2006, 11:27 AM
I HATE tubing, but my wife and kids love it. So guess who has gotten to be a great tube puller?

I don't have any problem with the rope in the wake from the pylon (Outback DD), only from the rear attachment. If there are people in the back seat, I have to hook to the back. The rope drags and throws the worst spray. Then as they come across the wake, the rope snags and whips them sideways. From the pylon I can provide many G's to the poor souls on the tube. I start into a spiral and before long the tube is next to the boat. When they can't hold on any more, the riders skip across the lake like pebbles. I figure that if I have to pull them and suck up the gas, I want to see a good show. They seem to love it, so we're all happy.

Dave:p