PDA

View Full Version : Surge brake lockout

russellsmojo
01-23-2017, 12:12 AM
This looks like something worth having in the boat.

http://www.seacuredfishing.com/release-me.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trayson
01-23-2017, 12:11 PM
Not a bad idea. I used duct tape to hold my key in the 2 times I used it this summer.

I also have the one where you just twist the lever on the reservoir cap and it locks it out also.

gregski
01-23-2017, 02:19 PM
I arrived at essentially the same solution. I have the standard lockout key but use a cheap/standard magnet to hold it in place. We keep the key in the truck and the magnet on the trailer. So if you already have the key just grab a magnet off of the fridge and you're there.

...plus that one says it's for bass boat trailers so it probably won't work on a wakeboard boat and definitely not on a surf boat. I do like the cable retainer though.

russellsmojo
01-23-2017, 06:49 PM
I saw this on father in laws bass boat. Trailer looks same. The magnet is powerful. He leaves it stuck in trailer all the time.

lee
01-23-2017, 10:00 PM
I saw this on father in laws bass boat. Trailer looks same. The magnet is powerful. He leaves it stuck in trailer all the time.

That also means he has no brakes all the time.

russellsmojo
01-23-2017, 11:01 PM
That also means he has no brakes all the time.

No no no. I was just saying the magnet is strong enough to stay on the trailer all the time. It's not in the hole. Just on frame somewhere for convenience.

996scott
01-24-2017, 12:11 AM
Just ordered one. Thanks.