PDA

View Full Version : Options for aviator tower speaker upgrades

BigOrange
01-15-2017, 03:44 PM
Hey I got into a 16 Mojo at the end of season with the aviator tower with factory Roswell 6.5(?) cans. Does anyone have suggestions on an upgrade that's going to get good sound at wakeboard length within those cans? What workable other options are there besides a pair of Rev 8s? I'd like to be a little cheaper than the Wetsounds stuff.

mattsask
01-15-2017, 04:19 PM
I know it's a brand that's not usually discussed on here, but I picked up a set of krypt hlcd 7.7's with enclosures for $450. I haven't hooked them up yet, but I've talked to a number of guys who are very pleased with them.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

MLA
01-15-2017, 04:38 PM
With the desire to retain the factory 6.5" pods, your wake range options are super limited. You are going to sacrifice pretty much all sound quality for everyone in the boat. This is especially true for those lower mounted pods. You are limited to the Kicker KMS67. We've talked about the two main issue wuith these. 1) the compression driver may not fit the pod due to depth and 2) with pods so far apart, the mid-bass is going to sound so detached due the distance away from the tweeter. This is going to allow the tweeter to dominate and be very harsh so those in the boat. The next option is the krypt 6.5" HLCD. Two pair of these with porper wattage, will certainly reach wake range, but man, are they going to scream.

jtatexc
01-15-2017, 05:07 PM
I have a pair of krypt 7.7 as well as a pair of krypt 6.5 on my tower and am really pleased with them! Louder than hell and very clear. Great bang for buck imo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

BigOrange
01-15-2017, 10:09 PM
Yeah Mike. Thanks. Just curious about others. Looks like HLCD isn't an option without going to different cans. What are the can options for the Krypts? Will 2 of the 7.7s be enough? I did the eyeball test and don't think the kicker KMS67 pods would fit the aviator tower.

Stazi
01-15-2017, 11:32 PM
I had two pairs of the 6.5 Krystal on my last boat and it was awesome at wakeboard distance. Totally blew away my buddies boat who had two 8" wetsounds at the same distance. Some people poo poo them, but for the money at that size they are hard to beat. Just make sure you have plenty of power running them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigOrange
01-16-2017, 12:56 AM
Would the in boat sub (10" yet to be installed) mitigate the loud highs of if the 6.5 krypts any for in the cabin?

Stazi
01-16-2017, 09:39 AM
Would the in boat sub (10" yet to be installed) mitigate the loud highs of if the 6.5 krypts any for in the cabin?

Not a chance. The sub will compliment, it won't come close to diminishing the Krypts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

David Analog
01-16-2017, 12:30 PM
BigO,
You should expect that a large portion of people are always going to preach, "buy what I bought...they are great."

I'm going to strongly recommend that you avoid all 6.5" HLCDs. The horn tweeter is loud enough to project to wake distance, but not the midbass driver. The sound screams but is hideously poor sound quality....especially near field.

Make some compromise in order to have a lasting investment, whether the compromise be in peak projection or budget.

MLA
01-16-2017, 01:20 PM
Orange,

The sub will not really help with 4 6.5" HLCD on the tower. First, you will need 3 zone volume control. You need to be able to turn the in-boats down, towers up and woofer up, in order for the woofer to even be in play, without the passengers being blasted by in-boat volume. next, whats still going to be missing, is the mid-bass. The woofer will supply some bass, but there will be no mid-bass.

BigOrange
01-16-2017, 01:21 PM
Agree some with that. If you are already dropping $$, may as well get it right first time. That being said, going away from my current cans, what are the best options moving up through pricing to a pair of Rev8s?

BigOrange
01-16-2017, 01:25 PM
Also, pertinent to above post -- the Krypt 7.7s have been recommended already (thanks).

KG's Supra24
01-16-2017, 01:52 PM
Kicker, Exile, and JL are the obvious options not yet mentioned. Each of them make an 8" pod.

Are you wanting to go back with 2 speakers or 4? I'd give thought to going to the Rev10 and only doing a single pair if it were me.

David Analog
01-16-2017, 03:10 PM
BigO,
Since you expressed budget as an important part of the equation, you must include amplifiers in your decision. HLCDs have horn tweeters that can easily be 10 dB louder (like at least twice as loud as you perceive it), however, their midbass drivers typically have larger midbass voice coils resulting greater power handling but also lower sensitivity. Thus most HLCDs require a larger amplifier. For example, to get the speaker's full potential, a Wetsounds Icon8 might package with an amplifier having 60% the power of an amplifier that would package with a Wetsounds Rev8. So look at tower speaker costs in the context of the package. Not knowing exactly what amplification you have now, it's unlikely it will translate to a tower speaker upgrade.

BigOrange
01-16-2017, 03:25 PM
10-4. With you on proper powering.

BigOrange
01-23-2017, 05:00 PM
Curious how this setup would be viewed by the experts: Two of the Krypt 7.7 HLCDs for starters, allowing for additional set of Krypt 6.5 coaxial for mid-bass for surf distance. This entire setup could be had for ~$700 via quick web-scan. Next up would be pair of refurbed Rev10's going up over $1K.

That Guy
01-23-2017, 05:09 PM
I personally ordered a single pair of Rev10's to install on my Craz. I had Icon8's on my last boat, which were fine, but I wanted only one pair to maximize headroom and as the saying goes, bigger is better! In the grand scheme of things the additional outlay of cash is minimal, especially when you consider the overall cost of the boat plus likely better resale with Wetsounds versus Krypt. Just my 2 cents.

mattsask
01-23-2017, 06:20 PM
If you can find a deal on rev 10's they are definitely the best option, but you are now a FAR cry from your original budget I'm sure.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

MLA
01-23-2017, 08:28 PM
Curious how this setup would be viewed by the experts: Two of the Krypt 7.7 HLCDs for starters, allowing for additional set of Krypt 6.5 coaxial for mid-bass for surf distance. This entire setup could be had for ~$700 via quick web-scan. Next up would be pair of refurbed Rev10's going up over $1K.

Never been a fan of a hybrid system or mix of HLCD and coaxial. To start with, to do it properly you need at least 4 amp chnls. Two for the HLCD and two for the coaxial. This adds to the overall cost as well as needed space for that additional amp. Now, being that the goal of a hybrid setup is to add mid-bass in order to compensate for the lake of mid-bass from from the HLCD or compensate for the overly aggressive HLCD, once you factor in the cost of that pair of coaxial and 2nd amp, you are likely in the neighborhood of a single pair of larger HLCD. A larger pair of HLCD does both. Add the extra mid-bass and compensates for the dominate HLCD.

Next, a single pair of 6.5" coaxial are going to do little to add mid-bass to a properly powered pair of krypt 7.7. The HLCD is very dominate and overly "bright". What you would really want is an 8" mid-bass woofer w/out tweeter. So, that extra money, amp space and battery power to drive those 6.5", will not really give you a return on that investment.

That $700 for four pods is getting you into the one pair of Rev-8 range. These will give you your wake range projection and MUCH better near field SQ than those 7.7. Id go two pair of 8" coaxial, like the Icon-8 or Kicker KM8, before that hybrid mix. Drive it with the Wet Sounds Syn-DX2 or similar.

refurb Rev-10s north of $1K?????? Hmmm

BigOrange
01-23-2017, 10:57 PM
Ok, so I see a pair of Rev10's on Amazon for under $1K and Ebay as well (from an authorized dealer on Ebay). Those were the fixed clamps. Are there any particular mounting options that are a must for the Aviator?

KG's Supra24
01-24-2017, 10:33 AM
I agree with MLA that the 6.5 anything is mostly wasted next to a 7.7 HLCD.

I'd personally lean towards a single set of 10's but I know they are pricey. Hearing is believing, though!

dusty2221
01-24-2017, 10:52 AM
If you are purchasing Wetsounds, there are multiple dealers on this board that offer forum discounts, as well as zone discounts for packages if you decide to go a little further. I would suggest talking with them before making an Amazon purchase.

Regarding the "less than the Wetsounds" comment, have you looked at the Exile xm9 or sxt9? The xm9 is the HLCD, while the sxt is a coaxial. Exile offers discounts as well to forum members.

MLA
01-24-2017, 10:52 AM
(from an authorized dealer on Ebay)

Id double check that source, if they are advertising them as new. https://wetsounds.com/pages/dealers/authorized_online

Internet Warning: Wet Sounds, Inc. products sold on any non authorized web site or internet auction site are void of any and all manufacturer's warranty. Please contact Wet Sounds™ at 877-938-7757 or visit our web site at www.wetsounds.com to search for an authorized site and/or an authorized retailer near you.

Since you are going to also need an amp, have you given a local Wet Sounds dealer a chance to earn your biz? or one like Earmark marine that can and will actual support you before, during and after, the sale?

KG's Supra24
01-24-2017, 12:36 PM
I just saw an ad for SYN4 on sale for $360 until they are gone. That's a great amp for a pair of 10's. 400 watts to each speaker. It's probably overkill for any of the other options, though.

MLA
01-24-2017, 02:55 PM
Yes, the original Syn amps and 650 speakers are on sale. Kicked off back in Nov, so dont know whats left in stock with any retailers. Check with your local dealer.

BrettLee3232
01-24-2017, 03:31 PM
I can't say enough about the Kicker KM8. IMO they can't be beat for the price. That's if wetsounds is out of budget.

russellsmojo
01-24-2017, 08:08 PM
Id double check that source, if they are advertising them as new. https://wetsounds.com/pages/dealers/authorized_online

Since you are going to also need an amp, have you given a local Wet Sounds dealer a chance to earn your biz? or one like Earmark marine that can and will actual support you before, during and after, the sale?

Try local shop. I would switch speaker and amp brands before buying from earmark.

KG's Supra24
01-24-2017, 10:53 PM
Not of fan of forum discounts or high quality work?

russellsmojo
01-24-2017, 11:37 PM
Not of fan of forum discounts or high quality work?

Love both of those!

I have tried multiple times to do business with them in lewisville and each time it seemed unless you provided your bank account they did not really want your business. The worst experience is when they would not even sell me a box to put an exile sub in. Or maybe when they would not tune a system they did not install.

My opinion is only that and nothing more. I know they have treated some folks on here good so I think they only want big tickets. I wish they could see that small tickets become big tickets on future boats cars etc.

KG's Supra24
01-25-2017, 02:18 AM
If the Rolls, Porsches and other cars on their facebook are any indication, I'd say you are onto something.

I sat down there for a day, AALLLL DAAYYY, while they installed the sub in the mojo and the work was impressive to watch. It's top notch. I understand why they would not want to tune someone else's work after seeing them in my boat. Especially Exile :p :p

On topic .... there is a good pic of Revs on the aviator tower in the for sale section. Pics of any other setups?

russellsmojo
01-25-2017, 09:10 AM
If the Rolls, Porsches and other cars on their facebook are any indication, I'd say you are onto something.

I sat down there for a day, AALLLL DAAYYY, while they installed the sub in the mojo and the work was impressive to watch. It's top notch. I understand why they would not want to tune someone else's work after seeing them in my boat. Especially Exile :p :p

On topic .... there is a good pic of Revs on the aviator tower in the for sale section. Pics of any other setups?

I agree they are really really good at what they do. And I do think wet sounds has the best boat speakers on the market. However, I have a local wet sounds guy that would get my business. That's really all I was saying. Go wet sounds and go local over amazon or some other website if possible.

BigOrange
01-25-2017, 07:54 PM
I did see the Mondo for sale with the Rev10s. He said they mounted up real good on the aviator

BigOrange
01-30-2017, 12:54 PM
Bump.....considering a pair of rev10's or XM9's. Opinions between the two? Also, really interested in mounting options using same locations as factory "flat plates" on Roswell aviator tower. I see Exile has plate inserts for Supra S-bend tower but I don't think these are the same plates on my Moomba. Anyone have info on mounting WS or Exile in these locations?

dusty2221
01-30-2017, 01:02 PM
I've done both, one takes a bit more fab work than the other.

MLA
01-30-2017, 04:44 PM
.considering a pair of rev10's or XM9's. Opinions between the two?

This is a one sided comparison. The rev-10 is a 10" driver and the xm9 is an 8" same as the wet sounds rev-8. if you are considering the rev-10, then go with the larger 10" speaker. if you are considering the xm9, then you need to make the comparison between it and wet sounds rev-8.

Larger speaker = more output than a smaller speaker, even when driven with the same amp wattage. Deeper mid-bass means more balance and smoother sound.

Some additional differences between the 10" Rev-10 and 8" xm9. The hang height between the two is about a half inch difference, even though the Rev-10 has a 2" larger driver. All 3 wet sounds mounting options provide for the speaker and LED leads to be concealed though the clamp, including the swivel mounting option. The TC3-S uses a 6-pin male/female connector for a 100% positive connection with plenty of terminal surface area contact. Swiveling the pod does not involve any method of friction from a spring loaded tab, in order to retain terminal contact. 100% of the pod's weight is held by the clamp and safety retainer and zero load is placed on the speaker and LED leads. Load on the terminal can lead to connection break down in the future. If a terminal is damaged during the hanging of the pod, the connectors and terminals are easily serviceable.

Do the tower speaker mounting plates on yours, look like these? https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?25165-Supra-Pro-Edge-Tower-speaker-mounts-for-ws-exile-and-kicker-Potential-group-buy

BigOrange
01-30-2017, 05:12 PM
"Do the tower speaker mounting plates on yours, look like these? https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....tial-group-buy"

I almost positive that's a yes......will check for sure when home to see the boat. Are these still available? I'd be looking at mounts for Rev10s on upper and blank for lower I believe.

BigOrange
01-30-2017, 10:18 PM
So I believe the uppers are the same. However the lowers are different. I believe the lowers are the same as Exile has on Their site for Supra s-bend. Pics coming if I can post.

BigOrange
01-30-2017, 10:20 PM
Upper:
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170131/e1492ccff6ac54ada1f8b4e9b0e4ee42.jpg

Lower from rear:
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170131/24740acdb31f4855936bbe15ec4e52d5.jpg

Lower from front:
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170131/ab3fa3a857ae8f4654357fad78604481.jpg

BigOrange
01-30-2017, 10:49 PM
Looks like the blanks would be those shown here in this thread

2016 Mondo w/ Roswell Tower Wiring Help Needed

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=27865&share_tid=28492&url=https%3A%2F%2Fforum%2Emoomba%2Ecom%2Fshowthrea d%2Ephp%3Ft%3D28492&share_type=t

MLA
01-30-2017, 10:53 PM
Looks like the uppers are the same but the lowers are different.

KG's Supra24
01-30-2017, 11:27 PM
BigOrange, if you have the Aviator tower, the one in the thread you linked is not the same. That is the s-bend tower.

I don't think the aviator has the same mounts as the Supra (MLA pics) or the S-bend (pics above) but I'm not 100% certain.

I think the Aviator is a flat piece of aluminium? I think I would use the collars so you can conceal the wiring. You may also be able to tuck them higher into the corners. I wonder how they are mounted on the boat in the classifieds?

KG's Supra24
01-30-2017, 11:31 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170131/2873308c0454d8ddae700a8a4ad6d813.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

BigOrange
01-30-2017, 11:41 PM
Maybe I'm mixing up my tower nomenclature. Regardless, at least the top of my tower is identical to the pics you posted (KG) in the thread that I linked to above. Can't say for sure without seeing the whole tower.

KG's Supra24
01-30-2017, 11:54 PM
The pics I posted in the thread you linked are the s-bend tower (also the tower on my boat) The pic I posted above is the top of the Aviator tower.

Aviator Tower ......

http://www.wakeboardingmag.com/sites/wakeboardingmag.com/files/styles/large_1x_/public/_dos9093.jpg?itok=8SRUPWlZ

S-bend tower .....

http://149.255.34.50/listimg/img1_0317/02/img_WqHcB4iUZvSOkPe.jpg

BigOrange
01-31-2017, 12:27 PM
So yes, I have been mixing that up. I do have the S-bend, in fact the same tower setup as the yellow boat pictured above -- in regards to those 4 Roswell cans mounted in the "plate" locations. So to re-vector the thread -- I'd like to consider HLCD's, leaning toward a pair of Rev10's to mount on the tower and it'd be nice to mount them in the factory locations (to those plates). That would leave me to blank off the lower mounting plates area. Any intel on where to source the needed materials?

KG's Supra24
01-31-2017, 12:47 PM
To get the Rev's to fit in factory location, you essentially need an approx 1/2" spacer on the plate for the top of the speaker to clear the bottom of the tower.

I can't currently dig through pics for an example but check out the thread below ... I think it has some close ups ....

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?27564-2016-Mojo-Updates

dusty2221
01-31-2017, 01:06 PM
A machine shop can cut you some blanks for the lower spots. Just take the 2 you have to them. Regarding the top, I had 1/2" spacers machined in the same shape as the Wetsounds clamp mount and welded to the OEM plates since he ordered his without speakers they were already blank. They ended up looking like a complete factory piece.

If you are going Exile, they offer plates already cut and drilled for their mounts, or, you can have blanks cut and do the drilling yourself, which is the route we took on Russell's Mojo with S-Bend.

BigOrange
01-31-2017, 01:36 PM
I definitely saw the Exile and Samson site's had the specific mounts for the S-bend this morning. With the fabbed setup yall used for SG, you order the WS x-clamps? Also, since it seems the S-bend tower has the blanks if you order a build with no tower speakers, can the blanks be bought from skier's choice, or better yet, from a forum member who has did the same mods as described above?

Also, mods - feel free to change thread title to "options for S-bend tower...."

drewski
01-31-2017, 01:48 PM
Anyone have the dimensions or drawing of the spacers needed?

KG's Supra24
01-31-2017, 02:26 PM
Anyone have the dimensions or drawing of the spacers needed?

MLA pics above are speakers mounted on a Supra. It doesn't look like the bottom location matches. It's possible the upper ones are the same but I'm not certain. Here are a couple reference pics from my update thread that was linked above ....

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160412/a0719c67400b103ec0d4ac853a863221.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160413/c503015fe924d78b2ae45bd31303bd6a.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160413/495a51bc58394059f1df6eb5629e75c9.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160417/a8c236f0c8ad484972db2107dfc3d0e7.jpg

KG's Supra24
01-31-2017, 02:26 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160417/9c3ee18f2b85e115cd38ee6cb941968a.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160413/8024bd9e1782e096a8da6b9b777e400c.jpg

Before any work was done .........

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160928/8fa05218117afd7df4fc5b696dfc4174.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160928/dd4c59abb8ee3c82dacf85d5e8309da2.jpg

drewski
01-31-2017, 03:01 PM
Thanks for the pics. I'm mainly looking for the screw spacing.

http://i892.photobucket.com/albums/ac122/bullit4888/speaker%20mount_zps0q6ybhai.jpg (http://s892.photobucket.com/user/bullit4888/media/speaker%20mount_zps0q6ybhai.jpg.html)

KG's Supra24
01-31-2017, 03:15 PM
That is the Wetsounds mount. I don't quickly see that much detail on their website but they may be able to answer it over the phone? Someone else may have one handy that could measure. I'm not much help there, though.

dusty2221
01-31-2017, 03:20 PM
I could possibly supply the spacers like what I used for KG, already drilled for the wire pass thru and tapped for the bolts, which would leave you needing to have them welded to your OEM blank plates. Depends on the demand for them, for just one pair it is not worth the setup again.

BigOrange
01-31-2017, 04:08 PM
I would be interested in a pair, of course that leaves me needing the blank OEM plates for welding. Also, to ask another question not previously answered (due to my lack of knowledge in this area).....if someone uses these custom mount setups, you should get the Wet sounds x-mount option? And, this leaves a non-rotating speaker, correct?

KG's Supra24
01-31-2017, 04:19 PM
I cannot answer that with certainty. I have swivel clamps.

I don't see the x-kit on their site anymore? You need to know if the removable base plate is the same across swivel, fixed, and x mount. I'm not sure.

dusty2221
01-31-2017, 04:38 PM
You will need the Swivel clamp setup, and it breaks down into pieces to allow you to flat mount to the new adapter/plate we have been discussing, like the animation.
https://wetsounds.com/media/products/TC3/images/animation01.gif

I am uncertain if they sell the Swivel clamp setup as a flat kit, but if so it would include the swivel base, the speaker mount that bolts to the top of the Rev pod, and the fork that lock it all together (which you can see those 3 components in the animation)

MLA
01-31-2017, 04:44 PM
I would be interested in a pair, of course that leaves me needing the blank OEM plates for welding. Also, to ask another question not previously answered (due to my lack of knowledge in this area).....if someone uses these custom mount setups, you should get the Wet sounds x-mount option? And, this leaves a non-rotating speaker, correct?

The plates shown in the linked thread earlier, are designed for either the X-Mount or the TC3-S minus the tube clamp halves.

Are your lowers the star shaped or the triangle shaped?

BigOrange
01-31-2017, 05:22 PM
Dusty, thanks for that info about the WS mounts.

MLA, my lowers are the star shape, the S-bend tower same as SG's posted pics above.

KG's Supra24
01-31-2017, 05:55 PM
IF .... IF the Supra and the S-bend tower have the same upper mounting plates (they look similar) then it sounds like MLA has an option for the solution.

Are the Supra towers made by Roswell? They would probably have the answer to whether or not they are the exact same.

I know I'm crowding the space with pics ... but here are eyeball shots ....

The picture that MLA posted from a Supra ...

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x101/chpthril/chpthril007/IMG_20141006_105741_254_zps35cda69d.jpg

My pic from the Moomba S-Bend .....

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160928/dd4c59abb8ee3c82dacf85d5e8309da2.jpg

BigOrange
02-01-2017, 02:59 PM
I'm 98% positive its the exact same towers. The dealer I got the used Mojo from said that they liked to order the "supra" towers on their Moomba's because the looked better and sold more. That is the "s-bend" tower.

dusty2221
02-01-2017, 03:26 PM
Well, they are for sure not the exact same, shape wise. I'm betting the top plates are however shared between the 2.

Here is a supra sbend.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170201/67b3ec32a8bc726d14586db23f9a9571.jpg

Compared to a moomba
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170201/a81243fb148c10253ce02050f6c5d05f.jpg

KG's Supra24
02-01-2017, 03:30 PM
Agreed, 100%. They are not the same tower.

At one time (maybe 2013ish) Supra did offer the s-bend tower, before their most recent version. Maybe that is what the dealer meant by Supra tower.

I also agree the top plates are most likely the same because both are Roswell towers. Roswell would know the answer for sure.

Woody929
02-01-2017, 08:17 PM
On the mounts, I used Exile's supra mounts, and they work perfect.

That Guy
02-01-2017, 08:27 PM
This thread interests me. I'm picking up my Craz in a couple weeks have a pair of Rev10's in my closet at home. I wasn't able to figure everything out exactly when I ordered due to timing but I'm 99% sure that I got it correct. I ordered the X-kit with the Rev10's and then ordered the FACTORY Wetsounds Rev10 mount with my boat. You may have this resolved by the time I get my stereo in but I'll be sure to post back in a month or so to update my findings.

KG's Supra24
02-01-2017, 10:18 PM
That Guy, you ordered a 2017, correct?

2017 is the first year with wetsounds factory option. 2017's will have the new Aviator 3 tower, which I think is also made by Roswell.

BigOrange
02-02-2017, 08:31 AM
On the mounts, I used Exile's supra mounts, and they work perfect.

Woody -- those Exile mounts worked for your "Moomba s-bend" tower?

Woody929
02-02-2017, 08:36 AM
S bend yes

drewski
02-04-2017, 08:28 PM
I'm still looking for a solution to mount Rev 10's on the upper mount of a Supra. I was able to bolt the swivel mounts directly to the side plates but there's not enough clearance on the upper plates.

dusty2221
02-04-2017, 08:35 PM
Pics of the solution have been posted above.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

drewski
02-04-2017, 08:49 PM
I'm looking for a solution that doesn't involve welding. I see people have done it without welding but didn't describe how it was fabricated.

dusty2221
02-05-2017, 12:02 AM
Where are you seeing that? My route involved welding 1/2" spacers to the oem plate, MLA solution is similar, but his weld is hidden (guessing a cutout on the plate allowing a backside weld).

You could thru bolt the Wetsounds base thru the spacer into the oem plate if you wanted, but I would for sure want a nut on the inside.

I had custom brackets I designed machined for mine, and now I'm having a hard time remembering if I was able to put a nut on the inside of the threaded plate. I'm pretty certain, if you thru bolt, the spacing is just enough to let you get a nut on the inside.

MLA
02-05-2017, 11:27 AM
I'm looking for a solution that doesn't involve welding.

CNC milled starting with block of billet. Down side, it leaves quite a bit of material on the floor. But no welding involved.

drewski
02-05-2017, 01:32 PM
CNC milled starting with block of billet. Down side, it leaves quite a bit of material on the floor. But no welding involved.

There's the confusion. I thought your plates weren't welded. I'll look into getting some adapters machined. You aren't selling yours anymore, correct?

MLA
02-05-2017, 03:27 PM
They are two piece that are welded together. We wen this direct for the very reason noted above.

cpropes2005
12-03-2018, 10:26 PM
I know this is bringing back an old thread and probably a long shot but did either of you guys end up making a larger batch of your spacer solution for the sbend uppers that you would be willing to sell?