PDA

View Full Version : Mojo Wakeboard set up?

IronmanCowboy
01-14-2017, 01:34 PM
I have a 2016 Mojo. What is your best set up for wakeboarding. How much ballast? Where are your tabs set? Just wanna feel what different wakes are out there.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

russellsmojo
01-15-2017, 03:28 PM
What's bags do you have? Most likely you should fill everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IronmanCowboy
01-15-2017, 08:23 PM
I have 2- 650's in the rear 750 center, 450 front.

russellsmojo
01-15-2017, 09:16 PM
You should ok for wakeboarding. Fill it all and set the cruise. Wake plate all the way up. If you want to surf then swap the rear bags to custom's or 1,100's.

IronmanCowboy
01-15-2017, 09:24 PM
Will the surf wave be OK with the 650's?

KG's Supra24
01-15-2017, 10:23 PM
I fill bow + IBS full. Rear 50-75% full on 1100's. Wakeplate 75-90% up (bow up). 21.5 mph.

Although I didn't ride a lot, I was impressed with the wake last year.

russellsmojo
01-15-2017, 10:58 PM

For surfing the boat really needs more weight in the rear. Every one on here has come to that conclusion. The 1,100's are most weight for the buck but it could be said they do not fill 100%. But I know it's more than 650.

Your question. I am sure you can surf with the 650. But I think it says something that moomba figured this out and started putting 900 ( I think) in the rear for 2017.

5:00
03-13-2017, 04:56 PM
Looked at the Mojo this weekend at the boat show. Wow what a boat! The wife says we get a new one in three years! It is amazing that with a boat that buoyant and expensive that they don't just put bigger bags in there. What is the extra cost, $50-100 per bag? You would think they would want to beat any competition out of the gate for such a low number. Pass the cost on at double but would be worth it. They aren't making money from the upgrade as it sits so why not just do it?
I am not complaining I just wonder what the business model is behind this.

RC_Hinojosa
03-13-2017, 05:26 PM
Looked at the Mojo this weekend at the boat show. Wow what a boat! The wife says we get a new one in three years! It is amazing that with a boat that buoyant and expensive that they don't just put bigger bags in there. What is the extra cost, $50-100 per bag? You would think they would want to beat any competition out of the gate for such a low number. Pass the cost on at double but would be worth it. They aren't making money from the upgrade as it sits so why not just do it?

They do put bigger bags in there for the boats built after Jan...you just gotta check the right box. http://www.wakeboardingmag.com/moomba-boats-flow-20-surf-max-package#page-2

03-13-2017, 05:33 PM
It sounded like they were smaller but I may have heard incorrectly. Thanks for clearing it up!

russellsmojo
03-13-2017, 07:33 PM
It sounded like they were smaller but I may have heard incorrectly. Thanks for clearing it up!

You are not incorrect. They are 900 on each side. Many guys say the 1,100, Enzo, or something custom are what you will need to love the surf wave.

tnbrooks01
03-14-2017, 01:13 AM

It has to do with the number of passengers the boat is able to carry and still keep the certification. This year (beginning January builds) you are able to "factory upgrade" to 900lbs bags in the rear and still keep the same passenger number.

I recommend 900s for wakeboarding and 1100lbs as minimum if you are going to surf.

Stazi
03-14-2017, 06:21 AM

I'm going to be brutally honest and tell you NO! They need to be 1100's at least. You can fart around with the 650's or 900's but you're going to be really disappointed and wonder why you $75,000 boat has a crap surf wave. You NEED lots of rear weight for the Mojo. It has a huge hulll, and therefore needs a lot of weight to sink it in order to displace the water you need to create a good surf wave.

Wakemakers is your friend. Get the discount code form this forum then head over there and get a set of 1100's to put in the rear lockers.

Better still, get a set of their in-house Enzo bags for $2999/pr that are 1450's and really get the most out of your Mojo.

https://www.wakemakers.com/wakemakers-centurion-enzo-ballast-bag.html?gclid=CjwKEAjwqZ7GBRC1srKSv9TV_iwSJADKTja DrYzxlw05xDoxtmX4JFZxLkWLcmGl_1myTNhY2JyZ4RoCAQ7w_ wcB

pslitty
03-14-2017, 07:45 AM
I'm going to be brutally honest and tell you NO! They need to be 1100's at least. You can fart around with the 650's or 900's but you're going to be really disappointed and wonder why you $75,000 boat has a crap surf wave. You NEED lots of rear weight for the Mojo. It has a huge hulll, and therefore needs a lot of weight to sink it in order to displace the water you need to create a good surf wave.

Wakemakers is your friend. Get the discount code form this forum then head over there and get a set of 1100's to put in the rear lockers.

Better still, get a set of their in-house Enzo bags for $2999/pr that are 1450's and really get the most out of your Mojo.

https://www.wakemakers.com/wakemakers-centurion-enzo-ballast-bag.html?gclid=CjwKEAjwqZ7GBRC1srKSv9TV_iwSJADKTja DrYzxlw05xDoxtmX4JFZxLkWLcmGl_1myTNhY2JyZ4RoCAQ7w_ wcB

That's a lot of $$$ for some bags Stazi!

Stazi
03-14-2017, 07:46 AM
Lol $299

russellsmojo
03-14-2017, 08:24 AM
Don't forget about your dealer. Mine passed on some good prices for the bags and did install. I was super pleased to have all that in place when we did test ride and we worked on the wave.

03-14-2017, 02:37 PM
It has to do with the number of passengers the boat is able to carry and still keep the certification. This year (beginning January builds) you are able to "factory upgrade" to 900lbs bags in the rear and still keep the same passenger number...

The Mojo has really high sides and they go by water inlet point from what I understand which would most likely be the vent hole for the bag. That would allow them to put the vents up higher to allow for more ballast. It is going to be rated for more passengers, thus weight so it makes sense in the end I guess.
Thanks.

Mc_Mojo
03-14-2017, 04:35 PM

Agreed. Have a 2016 Mojo Surf edition, unable to surf behind it. was very disappointed. with the max ballast filled, 2500lbs, made a pretty good wakeboard wake, but wasn't as big as i had hoped. i just picked up some wakemakers 1280 lb bags that i'm going to replace the 650's in the back, which i'm hoping will create a monster wakeboard and surf wake. The bags i picked up were blemished, but still have full warranty, for 149.99 each. I couldn't justify the cost of the "Enzo" bag prices. You would have thought the Mojo would have come with larger bags and really be "surf ready"

https://www.wakemakers.com/wakemakers-rear-lbs-ballast-bag-1280-blem.html

mattsask
03-14-2017, 07:05 PM

The OP bought my 1100's a few weeks back. He should be good to go!

BrettLee3232
03-14-2017, 11:08 PM
The OP bought my 1100's a few weeks back. He should be good to go!

Matt for the win [emoji1319][emoji1305]