PDA

View Full Version : 06 Mobius LSV carb issue?

RPE_LSV
07-28-2006, 11:48 AM
long time reader, first time poster...so be gentle.

I bought an 06 Mobius LSV this year and let me say I LOVE THIS BOAT. It's my first and I couldn't have been happier. Anyways, onto my issue.

When we load the boat into the water the very first time of the day and start it, we have to wait atleast 3-5 minutes for the engine to warm-up before we can back it off the trailer. If we attempt to before hand, the engine sputters and then shuts off. Yes we have the 310hp carb engine...(no "you should've boughten a 325hp efi comments please") Live and learn right?

We just had our 20hr service and have taken the boat out 3 times since then...I told the dealership about the issue and they said they fixed it during the service and "it should run like a champ now." I completely trust the dealership, but I'm curious if I should expect this issue or if I should take it back to them to fix?

Your help is greatly appreciated. I dispise waiting at the boat ramp for that long of time as people wait for MY BOAT to get warmed up.

Ryan

carsondoc
07-28-2006, 12:02 PM
Ryan, You should not have to wait like that. I had the same problem and, based on the posts on this board over the years, so have many others. It has to do with how the carb is adjusted by indmar to comply with emission standards before it's send from the factory. Anyway, what I had to do was 1) adjust the idle up a little and 2) (most improtant) adjust the idle airbleed screws (which are hidden under little brass caps so you cant get to them).

I would advise you to have the dealer take care of this for you. Since I did this to mine last year, it really does "Run like a champ". Good luck.

Smrtz
07-28-2006, 12:20 PM
That is strange. Do you pump the gas a few times before you start it to get things flowing? I've also read that leaving it on the trailor may be part of the issue.
Maybe Ive jsut been lucky with my 05

Could also be a carb adjustment from other posts they do require the odd tweaking!

Good luck let us know how it goes

Jay

YellowMoomba0
07-28-2006, 03:20 PM
I used a small drill and went through my caps and gained access to the screws. I turned them all the way closed and then 1 and 1/4 to 1 and 1/2 turn open, each. This made everything better. I live in South Carolina with very high humidity. The factory settings do not work here for they type air we have. I also do not plan on taking my boat to California anytime soon.

Be careful not to over adjust (too high) the idle screw. You may like the starting and idling better however, you may cause the transmission to shift to hard putting unneccessary wear on the shifter plate.

I have since installed perfect pass and need to re-adjust either the throttle linkage, screw settings, idle screw, or all three. I am not sure about everyone else but I like Idle to be 650 to 700 rpm along with a silent shift. Whatever combination causes this is what I have found to be the best. One option I am taking next year is to remove the standard Holley 5150 P.O.S. and replace it with the Holley 4160. This will be $500 or so from skidim.com

Good Luck

Smrtz
07-28-2006, 03:27 PM
Hey Yellow, what will the difference be with the changing of the carb from one to the other??