PDA

View Full Version : Supra "Gap seat" on the SC

JASONZ
12-05-2016, 01:47 PM
Hey,
I saw a picture of a gap seat which was an option on the SC.
The seat was placed adjacent to the driver and turned the bow seating into the playpen design similar to those in previous models.
Pic:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/supraboats/9359425389/in/photostream/
I was thinking about trying to get the gap seat because I would like to install an additional ballast bag in the front under it.
Does anyone have this option?

dusty2221
12-05-2016, 01:56 PM
Don't have it on my SE, but this is a dealer order item. I would check with Atlanta Marine about possibly ordering it for you.

That Guy
12-05-2016, 05:51 PM
Interesting idea, but where does it go when not in use or if people want to go front to back on the boat?

I wish they offered the seat-back options individually. If the price was reasonable I would've likely ordered a seat-back for the starboard side seats, I just don't want the center seat-back or to pay $900 for 2 back rests!

EDIT...that link is REALLY cool....anyone know if they have something like that but for the Moomba's? I love all the detailed pictures. I can't tell you the number of sale ads I searched through trying to find different interior angles to see everything before I ordered a boat.

russellsmojo
12-05-2016, 06:00 PM
"...that link is REALLY cool....anyone know if they have something like that but for the Moomba's?"

If you are referring to the blue bikini it may be a Supra only option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5:00
12-08-2016, 11:17 AM
My XLV has it. Both the bow and the one shown in the photo next to the captain's chair flip up. The one in the bow makes it one continuous play pen and it keeps most of the air from coming through when the window is closed.
They fold down so you don't even notice it. It was so hidden in fact that I didn't notice it for the four summers I have had it. I was replacing my vinyl and didn't notice until I started taking it apart! We haven't used much after discovering it though.

bergermaister
12-09-2016, 01:43 AM
Standard feature in the 2001 ;)

Use both sides all the time.

dusty2221
12-09-2016, 09:56 AM
What he is talking about is a jump seat that is removable and independent from the rest of the seats. Since the "S" series began, a full walk thru is the only option, unlike the Supra 24 and Moomba XLV with the built in seat/locker access for the front ballast.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

12-09-2016, 11:12 AM
Looking at the bottom of the seat in the pic it is just placed in the walkway as an add-on now that I look at it.

trayson
12-10-2016, 01:12 AM
That gap seat is kinda cool. although, I think it's a bummer that most bows are going to walkthroughs. I love the playpen bow and really love the storage of that playpen locker that takes an 1180 bag or can easily hold 3 boards when the bag is empty.

When I'm driving to/from the river, I store 2-3 boards in the rear port locker, 3 boards in the playpen locker, and my ski and another board in the starboard locker. I'm glad I can keep all the boards in the boat (out of sight, out of the wind while driving down the road). And when mooring the boat, it's nice to be able to tuck all the boards away also. If I had a walkthrough, I'd lose storage for 3 boards. That'd be a bummer.

And the wife's favorite place is chillin' in the playpen.

That Guy
12-10-2016, 10:44 AM
I think I prefer the walkthrough bow after having boats with both, but I never was able to store anything in there so maybe that's the difference. Post up a picture of how open yours is and with boards in there if you can, love to see the layout.

DFTR Josh
12-10-2016, 11:05 AM
I LOVE the gap seat and if you can store it nicely even better. Nothing I would want full time but sure would be useful some days on the lake.

12-12-2016, 02:31 PM
The only drawbacks I have found with no walk through are people have to crawl and people that jump in with shoes on before you can say anything.