PDA

View Full Version : I'll buy or repair your broken Jabsco reversible ballast pumps

brain_rinse
12-05-2016, 12:57 PM
I can fully refurbish most damaged Jabsco reversible ballast pumps. Often these seize due to water intrusion resulting in internal rust: seized bearings, damaged magnets, worn out seals, damaged electrical connections. I've got a surplus of repair parts and have personally rebuilt quite a few of these to be as good as new.

If you've got a bad Jabsco pump or parts, please let me know!

sivs1
12-05-2016, 03:04 PM
What's your turn around time? I won't be investigating my pumps until spring, I know something is wrong as my ballast takes forever to fill even with new impellers. Also, what's the average rebuild cost?

5:00
12-05-2016, 06:07 PM
Damn, so you can't fix my Johnson? I have a busted one of those.

wolfeman131
12-05-2016, 10:11 PM
Damn, so you can't fix my Johnson? I have a busted one of those.

Sounds like you may need one of those little blue pills.

zabooda
12-05-2016, 10:59 PM
Sounds like you may need one of those little blue pills.

That's funny right there.

kaneboats
12-06-2016, 12:32 PM
I don't care who you are! :rolleyes:

12-06-2016, 01:16 PM
Blue pill for my Johnson would be good.

brain_rinse
12-06-2016, 05:29 PM
What's your turn around time? I won't be investigating my pumps until spring, I know something is wrong as my ballast takes forever to fill even with new impellers. Also, what's the average rebuild cost?
I can usually turn one around in a day if it's a typical failure, but hard to say on price without knowing the extent of the damage. I'd estimate $75 per pump as a shot in the dark.

brain_rinse
12-06-2016, 05:33 PM
Assuming you mean a Johnson reversible ballast pump I'll give it a shot! I'm sure the issues are identical, I just don't know about the parts.

12-07-2016, 11:29 AM
My Johnson was DOA. I got it three years ago. The Johnson company said keep it and sent me a replacement. It is bound up and turns very slowly but doesn't trip the breaker. Seems like a bearing issue or possibly a bent shaft (so to speak).
Let me know if you can straighten out my Johnson and I will send it to you. Sorry too much fun with this but seriously if you want to give it a shot I will send it. I am in no hurry to get it back so you can take time to figure it out and give you some experience.