PDA

View Full Version : Radio Remove Replace 2005 LSV suggestions - Simple as possible

smokedog2
11-21-2016, 04:08 PM
My radio has no front jack for phones or Ipods etc. I want one that will fit in the slot with that and maybe a CD player. Preferably very little wire change - connect to the wires I have and work from the driver control. I do not need new speakers etc. Does anyone have a suggestion on make/model etc? that falls in the easy zone?

tx

SD2

MLA
11-21-2016, 04:30 PM
Does it have a pair of rear RCA AUX inputs? This allows for the use of a universal blue tooth or a remote 3.5mm AUX socket.

Not may options left with CD. Most are just media players.

Just about all units have the same 2" x 7" single DIN chassis, even those with larger faces.

Although wire coloring is pretty standard, the plug layout, shape and size, are not. You will likely need to cut out the old harness and splice in the new one that comes with your new head unit.

Changing head unit brands almost always means upgrading the remotes to the same brand as the head unit. Example. Old system is Kenwood and you go clarion, you will need to remove the old kenwood remotes and install the clarion remotes. In some cases, even sticking with the same brand, the new head unit wont work with old remotes. Clarion is an example of that. So be prepared to replace both head unit and remote(s) and their cables between them.

Do you know the head unit and remote model or by chance have pics?

sivs1
11-21-2016, 05:42 PM
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?cp=1&searchType=search&_dyncharset=UTF-8&ks=960&sc=Global&list=y&usc=All%20Categories&type=page&id=pcat17071&iht=n&seeAll=&browsedCategory=pcmcat181800050005&st=pcmcat181800050005_categoryid%24abcat0302012&qp=brand_facet%3DBrand~Kenwood%5Emountingstyle_fac et%3DMounting%20Style~Single%20DIN%5Efeatures_face t%3DFeatures~Steering%20Wheel%20Control%20Compatib le

This Best Buy search should help. I replaced the head unit in my LSV with a Kenwood with Bluetooth, iPod, USB and Steering Wheel controls, (Must have in order to keep drivers control)

Pretty simple install, as my LSV had wires labeled.

VA LSV
11-21-2016, 11:05 PM
Cheap easy solution if you have the original Kenwood head unit. Plugs in the rear cd changer port.

https://www.amazon.com/Goliton-KENWOOD-CA-C2AX-CA-C1AUX-KCA-iP500/dp/B006FEFDKM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1479783557&sr=8-2&keywords=ipod+cable+for+kenwood+din+connector