PDA

View Full Version : Helix vs Mondo

Derrick
11-18-2016, 12:08 PM
Has anyone identified which is the better surf boat between the helix and the mondo? Does one provide a significant advantage or disadvantage over the other? Why does moomba offer two 20 ft boats?

Sorry if this was already covered somewhere else. I searched and didn't find anything.

sivs1
11-18-2016, 01:49 PM
If you have a LSV why go down to a smaller boat. From my understanding the Helix is purely a value boat with the ability to surf, board and ski. Mondo is probably more of a surf boat. But that is just my uneducated opinion.

supra790
11-18-2016, 03:00 PM
The helix was designed for surfing and is pretty basic. You can't get many of the bells and whistles like you can on the other Moomba models. Moomba wanted a good surf boat at a good price point.

2016 Supra SG 450

That Guy
11-18-2016, 10:58 PM
I like the fact that the Helix is 3" wider than the Mondo. I feel like if you're looking at a Mondo why not just buy a Craz, they're only $2k apart and $1k of that is because you get the tandem axle trailer standard with a Craz where it's a $1k upcharge on a Mondo. So you're paying $1000 for an extra 1.5ft of real estate. Seems like a no-brainer to me. But the Helix is $6k less than a Craz or $5k if you want the tandem, but still a much larger spread between the two. I've placed an order for a Helix, when I weighed the bang for buck I wasn't able to beat it!

trayson
11-19-2016, 03:14 PM
So I took a look at a Helix last night. the Helix is DEEP. the seat bases and the rear lockers are seriously deep. I talked to the Moomba salesman for a while and he's played on both and he says the Helix definitely surfs better because of the hull depth/shape. I really liked the bow on the helix, it's super roomy. Also pretty cool how they took the control and put it off to the side, so there's a lot of vidibility in front of the driver--it doesn't have that traditional "hump" of gauges in front of the driver.

snyderaaron
11-19-2016, 08:53 PM
So I took a look at a Helix last night. the Helix is DEEP. the seat bases and the rear lockers are seriously deep. I talked to the Moomba salesman for a while and he's played on both and he says the Helix definitely surfs better because of the hull depth/shape. I really liked the bow on the helix, it's super roomy. Also pretty cool how they took the control and put it off to the side, so there's a lot of vidibility in front of the driver--it doesn't have that traditional "hump" of gauges in front of the driver.

Trayson you looking at upgrading?

trayson
11-20-2016, 01:01 AM
Trayson you looking at upgrading?

LOL. Nope. But I was at an event at the local boat dealer and was checking things out since I'd seen this thread.

Plus, if I "upgraded" I definitely wouldn't go from my 23' boat to a 20'