PDA

View Full Version : Market for Mondo Trailer????

coneslager
10-30-2016, 11:00 AM
I'm am buying a Mondo with single axle and might switch to the tandem(smaller wheels, lower overall height). The dealer said there is no trade in value on the brand new trailer so I thought about just keeping it and selling it.

Is there market to sell trailers (new 15 trailer)?

TIA

moombahighrider
10-30-2016, 03:10 PM
I'm am buying a Mondo with single axle and might switch to the tandem(smaller wheels, lower overall height). The dealer said there is no trade in value on the brand new trailer so I thought about just keeping it and selling it.

Is there market to sell trailers (new 15 trailer)?

TIA

It definitely comes up on occasion. I would imagine you would be able to sell it fairly easily if you price it fair/ cheapish.

jstenger
10-30-2016, 09:30 PM
I know the rims are smaller on the tandom, but isn't the overall tire height the same as the single?

coneslager
10-31-2016, 08:45 PM
According to a site, 1 inch less rim size, and 1 inch less from 225 to a 205. Trying to confirm with boatmate and Moomba folks

coneslager
10-31-2016, 08:47 PM
Any idea what a fair price would be on a new single axle trailer? Anyone interested?

trayson
11-04-2016, 02:13 AM
i like tandems. but if you're looking for lower ride height, why not just go to smaller wheels and lower profile tires?

coneslager
11-04-2016, 10:57 AM
the 14 inch rims have a different bolt pattern. Can go to a 205/75 which helps, but concerned with strength. Since the boat already has the single, going to pay a pretty penny for the tandem, but there are a lot of benefits for the tandem.

Got a new 15 trailer for a Mondo 2014 and up for sale. Been in the water just a few times.!!!!!

trayson
11-04-2016, 11:11 AM
the 14 inch rims have a different bolt pattern. Can go to a 205/75 which helps, but concerned with strength. Since the boat already has the single, going to pay a pretty penny for the tandem, but there are a lot of benefits for the tandem.

Got a new 15 trailer for a Mondo 2014 and up for sale. Been in the water just a few times.!!!!!

I'm assuming your 15" wheels have 6x5.5 bolt pattern then. I hadn't realized that they don't make that bolt pattern in 14's.

That said, you're preaching to the Choir about tandems. I love my tandem and wouldn't have it any other way.

moombahighrider
11-04-2016, 11:48 AM
I'm assuming your 15" wheels have 6x5.5 bolt pattern then. I hadn't realized that they don't make that bolt pattern in 14's.

That said, you're preaching to the Choir about tandems. I love my tandem and wouldn't have it any other way.

Same here. Having a tandem saved me recently when the vault system blew up on one of my wheels. Had to remove the tire and run on one tire on one side for 5 miles but I was able to get to help without additional incident.

trayson
11-04-2016, 11:51 AM
Same here. Having a tandem saved me recently when the vault system blew up on one of my wheels. Had to remove the tire and run on one tire on one side for 5 miles but I was able to get to help without additional incident.

Yeah, I've had to run 3 wheel a time or two.

northern mondo owner
11-12-2016, 06:48 PM
I agree with the tandem. My single for my mondo was flawless. Pulled from wisconsin the chattanooga several times and not one issue. You do pucker a bit wrapping around the mountains at 65 or 70. Tires had to adjust. I had to let air pressure out 3 times during the 800 mile trip. Air comming out was so hot I couldn't hold in needle with fingertips. Would not want torsion though. I like simple and reliable.

td_in_nc
11-13-2016, 10:06 AM
Any idea what a fair price would be on a new single axle trailer? Anyone interested?

There is a market out there for used trailers. I looked for over a year to find one for my Supra. Take a look at ski-it-again web site http://www.ski-it-again.com/php/skiitagain.php?endless=summer&topic=Search&category=Trailer, they have a section just for trailers and you can get an idea on price. It just may take some time to find a buyer.

kaneboats
11-17-2016, 12:00 PM
If you need delivery anywhere in the midwest and/or to or from the south, send me a PM. I know a guy going back and forth all the time and he does deliveries. Can save some coin.