PDA

View Full Version : Slimy Grimy is crazy good!

5:00
10-25-2016, 05:55 PM
My boat sits on a lift even when we come in for a break. The problem is that the hull has never been waxed or anything. So as the boat comes up out of the water it gets a film of brown crap. I was going to have it professionally cleaned this spring but I figured I would try to see if anything worked because scrubbing and other things like Simple Green (which I love) did nothing. I did a search and found Slimy Grimy with a lot of great reviews.

I purchased the 1 lb. tub from Amazon for about $22 and mixed it in a two gallon garden sprayer with hot water. It says on the tub and on their site that it "won't hurt fish or flora". No phosphates.

The results were unreal! Before I got finished spraying one side there was already brown drips and crap just coming off of the side of the boat.
90% came off without touching it after giving it a rinse. I was totally skeptical before using it. I hit it with a soft brush and gave the tough spots a second time over. My wife couldn't believe how clean it came, it has never been this clean and it is a white hull. It actually looked like someone bleached it and it had a bit of a shine to it for the first time. It must have gotten rid of some of the oxidation?

I am not affiliated with them or any of their resellers but I ended up getting a second tub and a spray bottle of the stuff for touch-ups next spring.
I only mixed 2 out of the 3 gallons that it would make. I cleaned the whole hull and didn't hold back on the application. I also had enough left over to clean both of my Wave Runners, a slimy ladder and some other stuff. I wish I had taken before photos.

Anyway this stuff just works and works fast.

mikenehrkorn
10-25-2016, 07:42 PM
I have used that stuff for two years on my OBV (which does NOT have a lift) with similar results -- it's the real deal!!!

moombahighrider
10-27-2016, 10:35 AM
I would assume a wax reapplication would be in order if it is that good. It sounds like it strips everything.

5:00
10-27-2016, 06:06 PM
I am assuming so but not sure. Already set for a coat this weekend.