PDA

View Full Version : Attachments

DFTR Josh
10-17-2016, 11:00 AM
I can't seem to get the attachment button to work to post up pictures. I know how to get the full sized pictures up but at times I don't want to take a big spot fill a photo. Any help? I've tried in firefox and chrome with no luck, it pulls up the window for attachments then wont load.

BrettLee3232
10-17-2016, 11:49 AM
Tapatalk bro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DFTR Josh
10-17-2016, 09:28 PM
Tapatalk bro.

Another app... I'll live without attachments :p

DFTR Josh
10-21-2016, 10:15 AM
So Mods, the site will only allow attachments from Taptalk from now on?

kaneboats
10-21-2016, 10:19 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qw9oX-kZ_9k

DFTR Josh
10-24-2016, 09:51 AM
Willis was a good man ;)

kaneboats
10-24-2016, 12:09 PM
I never use the attachment button so I didn't know what he was talking bout. I use the "insert image" or "insert video" ones instead.

However, I did try it today from the quick reply page and the longer page and could not get either of them to work. You guys might want to try using the buttons mentioned above.

DFTR Josh
10-24-2016, 05:46 PM
Problem solved... Thank you! ;)

deerfield
04-02-2017, 08:27 PM
I never use the attachment button so I didn't know what he was talking bout. I use the "insert image" or "insert video" ones instead.

However, I did try it today from the quick reply page and the longer page and could not get either of them to work. You guys might want to try using the buttons mentioned above.

kaneboats - Where are the "insert image" and "insert video" buttons located? Have searched high and low, with no success. The "Manage Attachments" button, which I have been using on the Forum since 2007, no longer works. Thanks. - Deerfield

kaneboats
04-03-2017, 01:45 PM
When you hit "reply", the icons right above the text box go about half way across the screen. The one third from the left is "Insert image" and second from the left is "Insert Video".

deerfield
04-04-2017, 08:12 PM
Thanks. Looks like posting pictures on the Forum is a thing of the past for me. The "insert image" and "insert video" icons do not appear when I click reply, and the "manage attachment" button does not fully open the small window to download pictures. It may be that my two Macs are older and no longer supported by the Forum's software.

kaneboats
04-05-2017, 10:27 AM
Thanks. Looks like posting pictures on the Forum is a thing of the past for me. The "insert image" and "insert video" icons do not appear when I click reply, and the "manage attachment" button does not fully open the small window to download pictures. It may be that my two Macs are older and no longer supported by the Forum's software.

Stu,

If that's the case, if you really wanna post something just create your post and send me an e-mail with the attachment and I'll add it in for you.

BensonWdby
04-05-2017, 05:52 PM
Not for me - I get no icons.
Using Google Version 49.0.2623.112 m
On Windows Vista (don't get me started ..)

kaneboats
04-06-2017, 11:45 AM
Hmm. I just tried IE, Firefox and Opera and I get the icons just below the "Quick Reply" in every browser I checked. Here's a screen capture of what they look like:

https://forum.moomba.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=25431&d=1491493475

BensonWdby
04-06-2017, 07:33 PM
Funny - When I try in Vista with IE 9 - I can't even open the forum.

I def do not see the icon bar in the Quick Reply window, nor the Advanced Window with Google "49.0.2623.112 m" and Vista

I also do not see the icons in Opera 12.17

Working in IT - I get how it does not pay to try to make every combination of OS and browser to work.

Don't make changes on my account - my involvement has diminished since I traded the Mobius for the 197.

deerfield
04-06-2017, 09:45 PM
Pat - Thanks for the offer to assist with posting pictures. I'll keep that in mind going forward. I live out in the country and connect to the Internet through a call phone tower. So, perhaps the combination of my Mac operating system and signal source limit some of my capabilities. Still have access to the Forum, so all good. - Stuart

gregski
04-06-2017, 11:14 PM
I've had trouble with the pictures and attachments. When I was able to get it to work, it would only attach the picture with a small thumbnail as the preview.

I think that the reason tapatalk works easily is that images are actually hosted on the tapatalk server and a link is put in the post. Following that realization, I started putting pictures somewhere else like imgbb.com tinypic.com imageshack.us (maybe) etc. and then click on insert image and paste in the link but clear the checkbox for "Retrieve remote file and reference locally". The only downside is that your images are subjected to the rules of the hosting site and may be deleted after some period of time so it may not be available for eternity like these forums.

You can also just wrap the link in the IMG tags like this:
http://i65.tinypic.com/2s9xcvk.jpg
http://i65.tinypic.com/2s9xcvk.jpg

BrettLee3232
04-07-2017, 02:04 AM
Tapatalk

twkoehn
05-21-2017, 12:56 PM
I am trying to upload a picture with the "Insert Image" button. I am able to select the image and then open it but when I click "upload image" I get at orange circle with an exclamation mark in it. When I move my mouse over it give me a 404 error message. The image I'm trying to upload is a JPEG. Any idea what I'm doing wrong???

kaneboats
05-22-2017, 09:36 AM
I used to get that when I tried to select an image file that was huge. I would open it in the "paint" program and shrink it down to about 50% (still plenty big) and save it under a different name. Usually that would work.

twkoehn
05-25-2017, 09:42 AM
I have tried making it smaller and renaming it but I still get the same error message. The file I'm trying to upload is only 1.3 MB so I doubt it's to big. Any other suggestions???

kaneboats
05-25-2017, 09:54 AM
Try it from a different browser and let us know what happens. A couple years ago I was having trouble with IE and I used Firefox and it worked great. Displayed pics I couldn't even see before. Using Opera most of the time now and it works great too.

Stazi
05-25-2017, 11:14 AM
Tapatalk is the only way to go!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BrettLee3232
05-25-2017, 02:08 PM
Tapatalk.....FTW