PDA

View Full Version : First time winterization questions for 2004 Mobius LS

Darter
10-10-2016, 01:49 PM
Took care of the boat this weekend. I thought I had a complete list, but didn't quite follow it as carefully as I should have. It was a bit comical/annoying that I pulled the battery before remembering to take care of the ballast pumps, and should have put the fuel stabilizer in BEFORE draining the block so I could run some through the fuel lines. Overall, not too bad and glad I have a DD to work on. ;)

This is what I did... what else did I miss?

Ran engine to temp
Changed engine oil + filter
Changed trans fluid
Ran engine to check for leaks and oil pressure
Disconnected manifold cross hose
Pulled left block drain plug and right side knock sensor
Reconnected hose and plug/sensor
Pulled thermostat
Drew in 5 gallons RV antifreeze
Fogged throttle body while drawing 1 more gallon antifreeze
Changed spark plugs and fogged each cylinder for good measure
Pulled ballast fill hose from servo and used funnel to add 1 gallon antifreeze to rear hard tank
Ran ballast on drain for few seconds to push antifreeze through drain pump and hose
Reconnected ballast hose
Drained ballast filter + pulled end cap of ballast manifold
Pulled battery (for the 2nd time)

So the one thing I'm most concerned about is whether or not my boat has drain plugs on the exhaust? The boat is 2 hours away, so I can't just run and check. I'm not planning to return to it until spring unless I missed something critical. If there are drains on the exhaust, would already running with antifreeze be sufficient? I didn't really do anything to the ballast fill pump, but suspect not much is needed there? Next year I'll make a DIY fake-a-lake to make winterizing the ballast more complete.

sivs1
10-10-2016, 02:44 PM
do you have a heater?

Darter
10-10-2016, 03:06 PM
do you have a heater?

I really wish I did, but I do not. No shower either (that's on the wish list too!)

DOCDRS
10-10-2016, 08:31 PM
So the one thing I'm most concerned about is whether or not my boat has drain plugs on the exhaust? .

There was no muffler drain plug on my 99 outback DD. Plus your correct in that antifreeze probably went in them during your winterization and they are somewhat self draining when you pull the boat out of the lake. The vdrives have a different muffler that has a drain plug.