PDA

View Full Version : Wakeboards

07-25-2006, 02:45 PM
How do you size wakeboards? Where is the best online store to buy from? The reason im asking is my 6 year old son wants to learn. He is already a pretty good skier. not bad on a hydroslide either. But i have never done it or purchased one. What should i look for in a wakeboard for a first timer

Smrtz
07-25-2006, 02:51 PM
You have to register before you can post.. It takes 2 seconds!

Cheers

Buttafewcoe
07-25-2006, 05:25 PM
Or 3.........depending on how fast you type
B

Buttafewcoe
07-26-2006, 06:44 PM
Check your local board shop or even a Marina near by. If you got a Dick's Sporting Goods close by, I've seen them in there, also.
I don't know what he'd think about it but you could get a 'girlie' one. They are smaller than the ones most commonly found. I think I've seen as small as 122 - 123 cm. As long as it doesn't say "Vixen" or is pink, how'd any1 know that's not around boards all the time?
B

NH Moomba
07-26-2006, 07:18 PM
If anyone is interested I have a kids size Hydroslide Renegade Jr wakeboard for sale cheap. I bought it for my twin girls to learn on when they were 6. That was three years ago so the graphics are different from what they sell today. It cost about 150 dollars at Dick's when I bought it. It is good enough to learn to get up on and see if there is interest before spending 300-400 dollars. As soon as they learned, they wanted their own so it probably has 2-3 weekends of use at most. It is actually autographed by Jeff Wetherall and his wife Kathy Williams. They are the pro's who taught the Girls Learn to Ride clinic they went to. It comes with decent kids size bindings. I've just been too lazy to ebay it. Maybe $50 plus actual shipping? Make an offer.

Andy

Wake Master
07-26-2006, 07:59 PM
Check out evogear.com they have some good prices. I saw a liquid force Nemesis youth board with bindings for $199.

http://www.evogear.com/Wake%20Shop/Liquid%20Force/outlet_item_5790_1437.aspx