PDA

View Full Version : Engine Flushing with Flushpro

Derteeberd
07-25-2006, 10:10 AM
Has anyone installed one of the Flushpro devices to their boat? Does it work well? Have any experience with it restricting cooling water flow during normal operation?

http://www.overtons.com/modperl/overtons/detail/pdetail2.cgi?r=detail_view&item_num=25608&fcat=[url=Flushpro]

deepcove
08-08-2006, 12:39 AM
i have installed a Flush pro, It works great and I have had it for 3 years. it does not restrict water flow. it is also very cool cause you can flush while sitting in salt water.

carsondoc
08-08-2006, 03:03 PM
Concur with Deepcove. Has worked great.

04OUTBACK
12-25-2006, 08:27 PM
I got the Flush Pro that is referenced in the link in this post. For some reason, I assumed it had water hose fittings on it like the inline quick disconnect. Do you cut a hose to attached to this? Any help or suggestions will be appreciated...

BW

deepcove
01-01-2007, 07:50 PM
You have to cut your intake hose and connect onto either side of the flush pro with hose clamps ( on each end horizontally in the link picture). From there you can install a quick connect onto the hose attachment ( the connection at the top looking at the link picture). it's all quite easy.

04OUTBACK
01-01-2007, 08:57 PM
Thanks Deepcove,
I finally realized I had to cut the main water line.. survived it, although I then realized that when I winterized, my seal on impeller housing was not as tight as it once was. Got a new one ordered and will install soon.

BW