PDA

View Full Version : While winterizing

Richied718
10-01-2016, 06:38 PM
2015 OBV
I was winterizing my boat for the first time today used 8 gallons of antifreeze I left my wife on The Boat watching The Strainer it was about 15 seconds she claims that there was no antifreeze going into the motor how bad could I have messed things up or am I okay I have 1 gallon left over and use that to pump back through motor started fine should I change the impeller or Let It Go
Could i have done any damage???

Poison
10-01-2016, 10:13 PM
15 seconds dry? Nah, I doubt you did any damage. I mean - is it technically possible? Sure, but the probability is very low.

I would let it go. Watch the temp when you get it out next year if you are worried. 15 secs is nothing to get too bent out of shape over.

Crane man
10-02-2016, 07:31 PM
15 seconds dry? Nah, I doubt you did any damage. I mean - is it technically possible? Sure, but the probability is very low.

I would let it go. Watch the temp when you get it out next year if you are worried. 15 secs is nothing to get too bent out of shape over.

I would not worry, your engine/water pump is dry every time you start it. It takes a few seconds to suck the water up to pump so I would not worry. If it ran dry for more than 2 minutes I would inspect the impeller. Get a spare and carry tools just to save your first ride out next season.

DOCDRS
10-02-2016, 08:46 PM
I wouldnt worry , the antifreeze is pretty slippery

gpd005
10-03-2016, 04:46 PM
your fine, nothing to be worried about there.

padge
10-03-2016, 09:30 PM
I would change it. It's cheap insurance. Nothing sucks worse than going to the lake only to have to go back home because of something tearing up

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk