PDA

View Full Version : bigger wake plate

mikepo26
09-22-2016, 09:55 AM
any one have an older lsv (08) that has tried installing a trim tab on both sides of the transom like the new moombas have? any information on performance, parts, etc.. thanks

BrettLee3232
09-22-2016, 01:34 PM
any one have an older lsv (08) that has tried installing a trim tab on both sides of the transom like the new moombas have? any information on performance, parts, etc.. thanks

You mean a surf system? Wake plate is in the middle. Surf tabs are on the sides . Oem is www.Wakelandmfg.com or you can go the wavecontrol route (GSA) from wakemakers.com or build a $50 suck gate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moombahighrider
09-22-2016, 02:23 PM

I put wave control from Wakemakers on my 2008 lsv

MJHSupra
09-28-2016, 08:30 PM
For a surf wave, what is your best setup?

snyderaaron
09-29-2016, 12:20 PM
I put wave control from Wakemakers on my 2008 lsv

How do you like it?

mmandley
09-29-2016, 04:33 PM
I have the Wave Makers Wave Control on my Mojo as well.

Love it.

moombahighrider
10-01-2016, 06:24 PM
For a surf wave, what is your best setup?

Honestly, I don't have it dialed in completely yet. I didn't get a ton of time on the water this summer, and what time I did get wasn't as much surfing as I would have liked.

Basically, I am still figuring out what are the best angles for the plates. I have them at around the 15 degree mark (suggested by Wakemakers) when deployed, but there are so many variables, that I need more systematic time testing to be sure that is best.

With mike mandley's help, I tried not using my IBS at all and that helped quite a bit. I guess the plate creates enough lift off the back corner that the IBS isn't as important as it used to be. Having said that, I still don't have the push I would like. It's a good wave, just not as big and long as my listed setup. I'm thinking that I have too much non-surf-side weight and that might be robbing me of some push, but that means I will be going more listed, which is what the wave control system was supposed to do away with.

The system definitely makes a difference and it's fun to play with switching sides and watch the wave transfer. The technology is legit and it works really well. I wish someone else had this system dialed on an lsv and could tell me exactly what weight and settings they used. I don't love being the guinea pig, but oh well- someone's got to do it.

Hopefully I have more time next summer to get it sorted out the way I want it- I'm a ocean wave surfer from Australia so want the wave as large and powerful as possible, but that's asking a lot.