PDA

View Full Version : Trailer guide poles

Pipeliner07
09-21-2016, 09:09 AM
I'm just curious do all new trailers come with gide poles when I ordered my boat the only option was for removable gide poles which I assumed meant it was just the removable option and they all come stock with fixed guide poles can anybody confirm this

mmandley
09-21-2016, 11:53 AM
They all come with steel removable guide poles.

Dealers normally add the padded covers for a small fee and use them as advertisement on your trailer.

Darter
09-21-2016, 12:03 PM
Dealers normally add the padded covers for a small fee and use them as advertisement on your trailer.

Really obnoxious practice. At least car dealers don't charge you for the license plate frames with their name on it. Removing it and similar trunk stickers is the first thing I tell the salesman to do during prep and delivery.

sandm
09-22-2016, 08:28 AM
the 2 boats I have purchased came with guide pole covers included. they were not listed on the invoice.
not sure on the removable option as both boats came with removable guideposts and can't imagine why you would want them fixed.

kaneboats
09-22-2016, 11:16 AM
Really obnoxious practice. At least car dealers don't charge you for the license plate frames with their name on it. Removing it and similar trunk stickers is the first thing I tell the salesman to do during prep and delivery.

Yea, me too. I tell them to take all of their crap off my car unless they are going to pay me to advertise.