PDA

View Full Version : Slingshot Wakefoiler

gbh424
09-17-2016, 02:17 PM
Interesting concept. Anyone in the market for a new board?

http://www.wakeboardingmag.com/slingshot-wakefoil/?src=SOC&dom=fb

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jmvotto
09-17-2016, 07:51 PM
Looks about as fun as grass skiing:confused:

5:00
09-19-2016, 03:58 PM
But it looks so easy LOL!

Meeting in board room sounded something like this:

Engineering: Boss we have something great to show you. We have poured hundreds of hours into designing this!
Marketing: Take a look at this video we spent a couple thousand making.
Manufacturing: We just built what engineering told us to.
R&D: Well boss you said to come up with something new and out of the box so we did.
Boss to Accounting: How much are we into this thing for?
Boss: WTF?!! Well there is no turning back now, Marketing it is back to you now.
Marketing: The two guys who we filmed are out and we need new riders.
Boss: How long will that take, a day, two tops?
Marketing: Well you saw the board is adjustable and it takes about a day to dial in for each rider. After that it took a solid two weeks for each of these guys to figure it out.
Boss: Maybe put some foot straps on it so you can ride it easier?
R&D: We put together a focus group and looked at that but wake surfers said "no straps".
Boss: How many wake surfers did you talk to?
R&D: Well we could only find one that would talk to us about it on the record. He said "no straps, its just not cool".
Boss: You call that a focus group?
R&D: Well yes, it was focused on one person so that was pretty focused.
Boss: Ok team, we are too deep into this thing to back out now. Let's throw it against the wall and see what sticks.

trayson
09-19-2016, 04:09 PM
The Foil boards were really made for Kite Surfing. And they're being adapted to going behind the boat. I've heard they have a steeper learning curve for sure, but honestly the idea intrigues me because it's something that I could do when the water's rougher (which is a lot here on my river). With the liquid force setups, I could get into it for around $1k.
http://liquidforcekites.com/product/foils/

I almost got to try out an air chair a few weeks back, but it didn't pan out. I think I'd rather have a board on a foil instead of a chair on a foil.

I actually just PM'd DTFR Josh about his experience, because I believe that he had an opportunity to try one out. So I'm interested in hearing his perspective.