PDA

View Full Version : Knocking noise in new Craz

Mwcraz
09-16-2016, 01:38 PM
I have a Craz that has 85 hours. It has a strange knocking noise that sounds like it is coming from the middle of the boat. I have removed the transmission cover and the noise is not coming from engine or transmission. I can only hear it at an idle. I bought the boat as a demo and it had 55 hours. It has always made this noise. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brians
09-16-2016, 03:47 PM
We had the same noise on my brother in-laws 2016 Mondo and it seems very hard to find. After some research we think it is the movement in the Wake plate when the boat is at idle making the noise. I hope this helps.

deckwork
09-16-2016, 04:49 PM
I have a Craz and yes same noise, seems to come from everywhere in boat at idle disappears once under way. I narrowed it down to the wake plate by reaching under at idle and holding plate and noise goes away had it in twice to fix first time they replaced the pivot point on plate as I had seen 3 different set ups while browsing the show room started with a loose pin now I have the bolt, second time they removed the plate from boat at the hinge screws and somehow tightened the hinge but neither has eliminated completely plan is to take it in and end of season so I don't loose any usable time.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

hawgtitan
09-17-2016, 12:07 AM
Mine does the same thing and it is worse when the rear ballast is full. I think it is the bubbles from the exhaust coming out under the swim platform and making it rattle a little. If you go to the rear of the boat and push up and down on platform, you will find that it has just a little movement in it because it is removable. I haven't tried it, but I bet if you took platform off, you would find that the "knocking" noise goes away.

Connolly_Crew
09-18-2016, 07:50 AM
Contact your dealers, looks like you all are having same issue. It is the surf tabs

Mwcraz
09-18-2016, 01:23 PM
Just curious what would cause the surf tabs to make this noise? It does it while the boat is not moving. I can hear the tabs reset on initial start up but after that they seem to perform fine. Thanks for the help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mattsask
09-18-2016, 08:09 PM
I think connolly_crew meant to say wake plate, not surf tabs. There is some slop in the locking pin that connects the actuator to the tab. Mine has the slop but no knocking. Sounds like I got lucky.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

hawgtitan
09-18-2016, 09:41 PM
I really still think it's the swim platform. My wakeplate and autoflow tabs are solid. The exhaust coming out under the swim platform puts bubbles under it and as they build up, it pushes up on the platform and then when the most of them come out from under it, it comes back down creating the "knocking" noise which is actually the platform rattling. Next time you have it in the water, have someone or even two people stand on swim platform and see if it doesn't stop.

DRHRSH
09-20-2016, 09:30 PM
Same issue here. Only at idle in neutral and it stops when in gear going forward, even at idle speed. Hope someone finds a solution. I will also check with my dealer in Peublo,CO in the off season.

hawgtitan
09-25-2016, 10:10 PM
Ok, so I was back on water today and I was completely wrong. It is the wakeplate rattling because of the exhaust. It really doesn't bother me that bad, but still probably not something a new $70,000 boat should be doing.

k2davis1
07-03-2018, 05:20 PM
Was there ever a fix for this? Mine started rattling today 29 hours on boat

jcarter20
07-03-2018, 10:10 PM
Just curious, if it is the exhaust and the wakeplate, do you guys have the surf pipe installed?

deckwork
07-04-2018, 07:20 AM
Just curious, if it is the exhaust and the wakeplate, do you guys have the surf pipe installed?

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkHad the knocking noise last year, put on fresh air exhaust over the winter and now the noise is gone.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

mattsask
07-04-2018, 01:12 PM
The solution is to get an extra plastic washer for your wakeplate pin. You may have to shave it down for it to fit perfectly and take up all the slop between where the actuator mounts to the wakeplate.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

korey
07-04-2018, 01:40 PM
This describes the noise that I'm hearing perfectly! I noticed at a boat show that the fit up of all of this is much tighter on the Supras, so it must be a cost saving measure. Fine by me.