PDA

View Full Version : Rebuilt 4150 carb need help please

Waterdog ls
09-16-2016, 11:26 AM
Really use some help with this.
I have a 1999 Mumba outback LS.
I recently had to put in a new motor because of on Marinas bad work.
After the break in. I found the second stage of my carburetor to be without fuel.
I recently had the carburetor rebuild by a different Marina.
Before I dropped off the boat it did 37 miles an hour without the second stage of the carburetor working.
After they rebuilt it it still gets 37 mph it appears to be dumping fuel.
They say they did everything right and there is nothing more they can do.
I told them the Carburetor is not tuned right because if it was it would go faster than 37 miles an hour.
Any thoughts on what they did wrong?

mmandley
09-16-2016, 12:03 PM
Are you sure the secondaries are getting fuel?
What RPM are you getting to at 37?

You should be able to manually operate the secondary and see if your getting fuel through the jets.

I am limited on my carb rebuilding experience, only rebuild old rodchesters on my Trans Ams lol

zabooda
09-16-2016, 01:00 PM
You getting full throttle? The throttle cable if not adjusted correctly will limit the movement.

Waterdog ls
09-19-2016, 02:51 PM
I believe I'm getting to much fuel in the secondary.

parrothd
09-19-2016, 06:35 PM
Sure the speedo is accurate? Need to check rpms.

Waterdog ls
09-20-2016, 10:38 AM
Speedo is checked with GPS

mmandley
09-21-2016, 12:00 PM
I believe I'm getting to much fuel in the secondary.

If that's the case you need to check the jet adjustment on the secondary. Their should be a couple screws to limit the movement.

Waterdog ls
09-27-2016, 04:09 PM
Boat is all better.
The first mechanic if you call him that put in the wrong jet and set the choke three clicks too far open.
Second mechanic corrected the jet problem and it works great.
Had to change the prop that was on my boat because I believe the first mechanic switch props on my boat.
Prop that I found on my boat was not pitched right and had a water mark going across to blades.
My boat is kept foot out of the water including the prop at all times except when use. So there is no way I should have a water line mark on my prop.
My guess is the first mechanic hit something while test driving and swap props putting another screwed up problem on my boat causing me to hit my rev limiter.