PDA

View Full Version : Helix Vs Sanger 215

IYAOYAS
09-07-2016, 04:05 PM
So I was just about convinced the Helix is what I wanted then after more research I cam across the Sanger 215. Around the same price and from what I have read, Sanger has a great reputation. As little as there is about the Helix on line, I have found even less on Sanger. Small mostly west coast boat company. Anyone have any experience or info on the 215 or even the Helix ? Thanks

MJHSupra
09-07-2016, 04:23 PM
So I was just about convinced the Helix is what I wanted then after more research I cam across the Sanger 215. Around the same price and from what I have read, Sanger has a great reputation. As little as there is about the Helix on line, I have found even less on Sanger. Small mostly west coast boat company. Anyone have any experience or info on the 215 or even the Helix ? Thanks

You will not find much on the Helix b/c it so new.
Did you take a look on the WakeWorld site? I'm sure you will find some Sanger info over there.

Are both dealers close to you? I'm sure SC has more dealers than Sanger. Will be important for a new boat and warranty work.

I think the Moomba has the bigger motor as standard. Plus, the interior is nicer.

Like all new wake boats, standard ballast is fine for surfing, but everyone is loading bigger bags.

sandm
09-07-2016, 04:23 PM
have spent some time in sangers over the years. friends had a 210(did not hold up well to use when compared to other boats of same year/hours) and was in a 237 at a polar bear in '12 driven by Scott from Sanger(needed to be severely overloaded to get a wake equal to others and had pretty low freeboard).
spent a lot of time in skiers products over the years as well and more recently moombas than sangers.

my money would buy a moomba all day over a sanger. stronger dealer network and based on the few sangers I have been in(last one was boat show in '15 in msp), moomba has an edge in build quality. that's all my perception mind you.
either boat will do a lot of things but I think moomba is a stronger line that will have a better dealer network and, although no hard data, would guess that resale will be stronger in a moomba.

IYAOYAS
09-07-2016, 06:13 PM
Thanks guys.

icemanftr
09-07-2016, 06:24 PM
V215 with about 3k ballast and 9 people. Smaller feel, very little freeboard, but does drive nice on flat water, rough conditions not so much.
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160907/4789678e56e6bf4d80338a9d031fcfe8.jpg

Not much on helix, but hands down Moomba builds a better boat. My buddy with that 215 wishes he had boughten a LSV like mine. Holds more people, better wave, and all around better to him as much as myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MJHSupra
09-08-2016, 12:27 PM
have spent some time in sangers over the years. friends had a 210(did not hold up well to use when compared to other boats of same year/hours) and was in a 237 at a polar bear in '12 driven by Scott from Sanger(needed to be severely overloaded to get a wake equal to others and had pretty low freeboard).
spent a lot of time in skiers products over the years as well and more recently moombas than sangers.

my money would buy a moomba all day over a sanger. stronger dealer network and based on the few sangers I have been in(last one was boat show in '15 in msp), moomba has an edge in build quality. that's all my perception mind you.
either boat will do a lot of things but I think moomba is a stronger line that will have a better dealer network and, although no hard data, would guess that resale will be stronger in a moomba.

With the pics around the net, that looks low on the Sanger freeboard.

beat taco
09-08-2016, 12:45 PM
Everyone I know with a 215 or 237 Sanger is tired of riding so low in the water and looking to upgrade. A 215 with surf tabs and 800lbs of lead over factory ballast surfs legit. I just could never get over water literally flowing over the back corner of the locker when surfing. Four years ago for the price and wave it may have been worth it but today they've been caught and surpassed imo .http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160908/ee59554250915fe65097fbd6c611c052.jpg