PDA

View Full Version : Need some upper board rack advice

hscraz
09-07-2016, 10:40 AM
I'm looking to add some upper racks to my tower; specifically a ski rack on each side if possible. I have a 16 Craz with the S bend tower and Z5 bimini so I'm not sure about the fitment of all this with the ski racks being so wide. When I store my boat I have to remove the Z5 and lower the tower to fit in my storage unit so I'm not sure if these racks would clear the windshield when the tower is rotated down. Anybody ever done this or have any advice on what to get as far as swivels/mounts or maybe a quick disconnect? I'm thinking if I could attach swivels they could maybe rotate in and clear when the tower is down but if they could be easily removed that would be cool too. There is a circular pad with four tapped holes in each side of my tower; is there where they would mount or do I have to have a separate clamp? Thanks,

North Woods Mobius
09-07-2016, 08:02 PM
While not the same boat, I had the same issue with my '14 LSV In adding waterski racks to my lower swivel board racks. I ended up going with the Skylon X Rack waterski rack (www.skylonsports.com) As the OEM maker of the racks for Moombas, it has specific mounts for the OZ HD tower, so you may find the same for your tower on your '16. The build quality is excellent, and I've been very happy with them. Here are a few pics of my rack set up (this is what I have on my iPad as my LSV is 300 miles away up at the lake...)

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160908/2a29d598b18d8f616ac2143a6c634538.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160908/a7300d10f1f53dc3d621972784ffd450.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hscraz
09-07-2016, 09:30 PM
I was actually researching this some more today and ran across those racks. I see that they have some various mounts or a clamp but looking at your pics the mount doesn't appear to be the same as mine which is round with 4 tapped holes. I think I'll call Skylon tomorrow and ask them about it. I looked at the Roswell one too and it looks like it'll bolt right up but I really like the quick disconnect on the Skylon.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk