PDA

View Full Version : Low gear issue

RideMoomba34
09-04-2016, 10:28 PM
So I am having some small issues on low gear, and idoling. First when we were on low gear we were having some small puff of black smoke. I changed out the ignition rotor, and that seemed to fix the smoke, but when we are coming in to park my engine stalls and I have to run to the front to stop the boat from smacking the dock. Even coming into putting the boat on the trailer I am stalling out. Anyone have any ideas?

mmandley
09-05-2016, 11:48 AM
What year and what engine?

Black smoke normally means burning really rich, the engine will stall more often because it's being flooded at low rpm.

If it's a carb engine I would look at adjusting the low idle, make sure choke is off, float isn't sticking, possibly a carb rebuild.

RideMoomba34
09-05-2016, 03:57 PM
It's a 2000 Moomba Outback with an Indmar Carb Engine. Has worked great all year and now this has been happening the last 2 times.

What year and what engine?

Black smoke normally means burning really rich, the engine will stall more often because it's being flooded at low rpm.

If it's a carb engine I would look at adjusting the low idle, make sure choke is off, float isn't sticking, possibly a carb rebuild.