PDA

View Full Version : Lots of water in the boat

russellsmojo
09-04-2016, 09:39 AM
It seems like I take on a bunch of water every trip out. My last boat I would pull plug every couple of trips because it was always pretty dry. My 2016 mojo seems to have a lot of water every trip. Bilge appears to be working fine.

Anyone experiencing this? Has anyone contacted dealer or skiers choice and what was response?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mattsask
09-04-2016, 10:59 AM
If you upgraded your rear bags I would start by putting some pvc cement on the threaded fittings. Mine were all leaking slowly and they all seemed to slowly loosen on their own. I actually had an incident where the fitting completely came out of my port side bag and pumped water into the boat for about 8 minutes before I realized my bilge was running non stop.

I would start fit the fittings and go from there. That drastically reduced the amount of water in my bilge, although like you, I still have water in the bilge all the time.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

BrettLee3232
09-04-2016, 12:22 PM
I always have water in my center plug. Never in my rear plug. Never really though anything of it though, cause every boat I've been in always had water.

That Guy
09-04-2016, 02:28 PM
Could always check your shaft deal as well using a hose in the boat while on the trailer.

Btw, update your sig! :)

996scott
09-04-2016, 03:44 PM
might be worth it to lift the engine cover while the engine is running and just look around for minute or so. You could have a leak from a hose or water pump or something that just is enough to accumulate water by the end of the day. After that i would check all the ballast fitting like was mentioned above. sometime you get a loose fitting.

russellsmojo
09-05-2016, 02:09 PM
Thanks crew! I will look check out the items you all suggested next time. We took a couple of big waves into back of boat yesterday so it could be that too.

icemanftr
09-06-2016, 11:29 AM
Check your rub rail seal. Mine took on water after pulling out of shop this winter. Caulking cracked and separated allowing water to spray into port locker underneath rub rail. Was able to fix with a tube of marine caulk.

samvq1
09-06-2016, 10:26 PM
Was your boat affected by the paddlewheel service bulletin. My 2014 Mojo was. When the dealer completed the repair something didn't seat correctly. I was taking on water. My bilge had been dry prior to that. I took it back and they fixed that and the bilge has been dry since then.

North Woods Mobius
09-06-2016, 11:54 PM
Was your boat affected by the paddlewheel service bulletin. My 2014 Mojo was. When the dealer completed the repair something didn't seat correctly. I was taking on water. My bilge had been dry prior to that. I took it back and they fixed that and the bilge has been dry since then.

What boats did this paddlewheel service bulletin impact? I've got a '14 LSV .....

jmvotto
09-07-2016, 06:45 AM
Try pipe thread tape on the ballast fittings

samvq1
09-07-2016, 08:32 PM
Search for a thread titled speedo quit. I posted a link to the service bulletin text. The original issue was overvoltage causing damage and the speedometer would quit working. When the tech put the new paddlewheel in something didn't seat correctly causing my water issues. Once that was fixed, no more water issues.

What boats did this paddlewheel service bulletin impact? I've got a '14 LSV .....

rdlangston13
09-07-2016, 10:02 PM
What about the cracked center tanks that were caused by improper piggy backing of the bow sack?

Sent from my iPhone

wolfeman131
09-08-2016, 06:14 AM
We took a couple of big waves into back of boat yesterday so it could be that too.

Check before you get loaded up & surfing, then after. My bet is above, maybe a loose ballast fitting. Be sure to check both fill & vent lines.

Woody929
09-08-2016, 10:23 AM
Check before you get loaded up & surfing, then after. My bet is above, maybe a loose ballast fitting. Be sure to check both fill & vent lines.

I need to do this also since I have the same issue, and maybe try and isolate where the issue is. This is very hard though as when I hit the water, I want to play (not diagnose)

I am trying to recall if I had these issues during break in, and I'm not sure if I did.

I do know that originally my bow sack was missing an O ring on the port side fitting, and fixing that at least kept my carpet dry.

I do know that I don't think I've ever noticed wet lockers, so that would lead me to think that water is coming from somewhere else... Center tank, rub rail, over the back...

When I pull the center plug, more water drains out (gallons) than the kids drag in.