PDA

View Full Version : Shout out to Donavan at Exile

trevormcfar
08-29-2016, 11:57 PM
Hey guys,

Just a quick shout out to Exile and their customer service...

I had a 4 towers (7 inch cans - Hybrid set up) and they were starting to show their wear & tear... I was not happy with the original clamps (spray painted chrome I think...) which was chipping/pitting and the fading of the top part of the tower speakers, Not to mention a few of the "Exile" badges/stickers had fallen off.... Anyways, I called Donavan and explained what was going on and originally asked to purchase a few replacement parts... New clamps, new badges/stickers (as I was going to paint the cans over the winter)... Anyways, he indicated they do not make the 7 inch cans anymore and that the badges/stickers were not available. I was not happy and asked what my options were with Exile.... He talked to the manager, or someone higher up? and called me the next day.... He offered to buy back my old tower speakers (at a price I could not get on the open market) and gave me a hell of a deal on 4 new 9 inch cans! Further more, he discounted 6 interior speakers to replace my stock Kickers in the process... Needless to say, I agreed with the offer and a week later, he had all the speakers shipped and in my hands for install. Upon opening up the box, he threw in some great swag as well... About $250.00 worth according to their website...

Anyways, the clamps are now 100% stainless steel & I plan to keep the speakers out of the sun when not in use to help with the fading... Overall however, I cant beleive the difference the 9 inch cans make over my old 7 inch cans. They sound WAY better and I could not be happier. In addition, the interior set up also sounds much clearer and sharper than the stock Kickers...

Now I know there are other great brands out there, however, the service Donavan provided is second to none and I will not have any problems in recommending them to anyone who cares to listen :-)

Thank you to Donavan at Exile & their customer service... I am one happy customer...

Trevor.

mmandley
08-30-2016, 06:08 AM
Love to hear stories like this. Donovan is not on the site but I will forward this to him, I know he would love to hear your appreciation.

PM me your actual name so I can tell him who you are bud.

Thanks

CFD3Captain
08-30-2016, 07:32 PM
Same here! I called a few times with questions and I got more than I could process LOL!

smorris7
08-31-2016, 03:45 PM
Donovan is the man! Customer service is off the charts!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

coop
09-12-2016, 07:52 PM
I will second the compliments to Donovan. Very helpful, as well as Brian at exile as well. Very happy with products and services from exile.

Sent from my Leap using Tapatalk

996scott
09-12-2016, 09:51 PM
i had the same experience with Exile, they are top notch and will never put anything else in my boat. Their customer service is unparalleled.

Brianinpdx
09-27-2016, 01:22 PM
Thanks guys - I'll have to show donovan this thread. He doesn't get on the forums... But he really is a great guy! -Brian

mmandley
09-28-2016, 12:01 PM
Thanks guys - I'll have to show donovan this thread. He doesn't get on the forums... But he really is a great guy! -Brian

I linked this thread to him already.

Truckwash
12-16-2016, 09:32 AM
Since exile speakers are on this subject, I was wondering if anyone here thinks that 2 exile 9 tower speakers would be good enough sound for primarily wakesurfing. Could you hear them doing wakeboarding as well. I'm sure they wouldn't be as clear as 4 but could they be heard at that distance. Also what type of mounts would I have to order for a 2013 mojo with oz tower. Any input or advice would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Jacob

jmvotto
12-16-2016, 05:12 PM
two would be fine at both lengths but 4 is better and 6 is obnoxius:o cheers